DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Takeoff and Land from a Kayak?

Not quite the season up here in New Hampshire, but I can envision wanting to fly as we kayak (flat water) in some of the more remote lakes/steams.

Feasible for MM hand landing while on the water, seated in the cockpit? Anyone try and have experiences to share?
I did see some pontoon like landing gear for the MM on Amazon. It had few reviews, as the Mini is new, and one did say it was affected by wind, but on a calm day might at least give you a little insurance to retrieve it. just a thought.

I would not use it for the MM. The distance between water and camera is too low which high risk for even small waves entering the MM and camera. Maybe you can use it at a pool without swimmers in, or a small pond. But that's not worth cost and effort.

I would not use it for the MM. The distance between water and camera is too low which high risk for even small waves entering the MM and camera. Maybe you can use it at a pool without swimmers in, or a small pond. But that's not worth cost and effort.
Thanks for your input. Guess it is best to stay on dry land or at least a big boat.

I think I would go for a "faked" shot... get someone out on the water moving or whatevz and then fly and shoot from a fixed land base.
Otherwise, it looks like the best risk is the RTH point on land/ launch/do your fly-by/poke the RTH button...and hope it goes back where it should.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Piason