DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Taking "drone in hand" photos- best process?

mikegrad

Reactions
I have a project coming up that requires me to take photos holding the drone, mainly for the high accuracy GPS that it applies to the photos. using the M3E, i'm trying to figure out how to to best do this - holding the drone while also holding the controller to frame the shot and trigger the photo? Has anyone done this successfully?

You might look for something like this...

Make sure it will fit your drone and needs.

Reactions: mikegrad and AeroJ
Reactions: MA2 317
I have a project coming up that requires me to take photos holding the drone, mainly for the high accuracy GPS that it applies to the photos. using the M3E, i'm trying to figure out how to to best do this - holding the drone while also holding the controller to frame the shot and trigger the photo? Has anyone done this successfully?
I made a platform on an old tripod just for that purpose. Used a Velcro strap to secure the drone enabling me to pan up and down and side to side with ease.

@mikegrad ,just be aware if it is very hot ,or in direct sunlight ,that when you are doing this ,the drone will become quite hot due to the lack of airflow over it ,and,this includes the battery ,so to help with this problem there are i believe, some small portable battery powered devises ,that can be placed close to the drone to create some airflow ,in order to cool it
even a homemade one using a cooling fan like the ones in computers would do the trick

Reactions: MA2 317
For Zeitview? My advice, just pass. Not worth your effort and they often find a reason not to pay. Don't spend any money chasing what little payment there will be

Reactions: Wildenio
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cubesinfotech