DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Taking Off but Then Not Moving

jdautel

Reactions
Hey Everyone,

So I'm new to the drone world and have a mavic pro. Been playing around with it a few times and things were going smoothly. However, on my fourth flight, whenever I clicked "Take-Off", it would buzz up in the air like normal. Then it would hover there. The only problem was, it wouldn't move from that spot. So I would use the controllers toggle sticks to move forward, back, and down. Yet it would just stay there, hovering. I had to use the landing option on my phone to get it to land again.

I ended up turning the mavic off as well as my controller and turning them back on, then it worked. But I wanted to know if anyone else has had experience with this and how to prevent it. Any information or good, detailed tutorials would be appreciated. Been scouring the internet but have SO much to learn still. Thanks!

Reactions: F Tighe
Yea, I had tried that right before flying actually. But it didn't seem to work.

I haven't flown in about 2 months but now it just takes off and hovers. I recalibrated the controller and checked that it was set to remote. Any ideas?

I haven't flown in about 2 months but now it just takes off and hovers. I recalibrated the controller and checked that it was set to remote. Any ideas?
I haven't upgraded firmware or flight restriction in a long while, but was afraid of problems I read others were having.

jdautel and dmcodwhy; does the RC display show that it is connected? Are you taking off using the app or the RC stick?

jdautel and dmcodwhy; does the RC display show that it is connected? Are you taking off using the app or the RC stick?
Its shows connected and green light flashing on drone, I was using the DJi go 4 app for takeoff

Its shows connected and green light flashing on drone, I was using the DJi go 4 app for takeoff
Try taking off using the sticks to see if it behaves differently.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yannick 63