DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Taking photos with the DJI Mini 2

craig9563

Reactions
Hello folks, I am a complete newbie, just learning how to use my DJI mavic mini 2. I've been watching lots of informative videos. Quick question: when I take a photo, do I need to tap on my iPhone screen to focus the image in the DJI app, as I would normally on my iPhone? Normlly, on my iPhone, a yellow square appears when tapping before I take a normal photo. When connected and I'm in the DJI App, amd I want ot snap an image, if I tap the screen a yellow circle appears. Is this the focus? I wasn't sure, and no one mentions this is the vidoes I've watched.
Thanks
Craig

What does the user manual explain about taking pictures?

Reactions: SeaPig and MS Coast
Hello folks, I am a complete newbie, just learning how to use my DJI mavic mini 2. I've been watching lots of informative videos. Quick question: when I take a photo, do I need to tap on my iPhone screen to focus the image in the DJI app, as I would normally on my iPhone? Normlly, on my iPhone, a yellow square appears when tapping before I take a normal photo. When connected and I'm in the DJI App, amd I want ot snap an image, if I tap the screen a yellow circle appears. Is this the focus? I wasn't sure, and no one mentions this is the vidoes I've watched.
Thanks
Craig

It isn’t tailored to Australia, but will contain the information you need for photograchy.

Hi Craig
You can simply press the right hand button on the controller to take the shot, you do not need to touch your mobile unless you wish to change the settings such as quality etc.

Carl.

Thanks
Craig
hi, congrats on the new drone, have a lot of fun! To your question, No....... you don't need to press the screen for a focused photo, these drones have fixed focus.

In photo mode, touching the screen doesn't change the focus, but does change to spot metering around that spot instead of averaging the whole frame. That can help, for example, to get a better exposure for ground details even when a lot of the photo is sky (although you will likely blow out any details in the clouds).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard