DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Taking the Mavic or Spark in the British Virgin Islands/Puerto Rico for Sailing?

nutsnbolts

Reactions
Anyone ever take their drone to Puerto Rico and then to the British Virgin Islands (specifically Tortola)?

I'm heading down there near the end of month and will be flying domestic into Puerto Rico and staying one night and then taking a puddle jumper to the British Virgin Island (Tortola) and hopping on a sailboat for 6 days and then reversing the trip back home?

Does anyone know if there were anything specific I needed to ensure I wont' have problems with my drone?

You will have no issues on Tortola, I've flow there twice with my P3P. How is Tortola coming along? Last time I checked last week it was still somewhat if a mess. Are you sailing out of the Moorings?

It's a mess both in PR and Tortola. We originally had some accommodations that was completely wiped out but it seems to be coming along and since we'll be sailing for the most part fortunately and unfortunately we won't be able to spend some time like we usually do on the island.

It definitely will take some more time to get them where they need to be.

Yeah the moorings is where we are leaving from.

Any updates on your experience taking your drone through PR and Tortola? We are headed there ourselves...any issues at the airports? Thanks!

Reactions: richardseguro
Any updates on your experience taking your drone through PR and Tortola? We are headed there ourselves...any issues at the airports? Thanks!
No problems at all in PR. I live here and have traveled into US with drone...it's just like moving into another state. In fact...all FAA rulings and protocols apply just the same. Would suggest Airmap or SkyVector for sectional maps and other airspace info. Fly safe and have fun!

No problems at all in PR. I live here and have traveled into US with drone...it's just like moving into another state. In fact...all FAA rulings and protocols apply just the same. Would suggest Airmap or SkyVector for sectional maps and other airspace info. Fly safe and have fun!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13