DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tall Ships visiting Bergen, Norway

Back in 1985 I was on a trip with Staatsraad Lehmkuhl.
Started in Bergen and up to Sognefjorden and in to Balestrand Hotel. My brother works for Statoil so they hired the ship and Hotel for this magnificent trip I’ll never forget. I could mention My name is Wilhelmsen. ?

Reactions: William Stinessen
Woooowch! Great capture!

Wonderful!
I am going to have a 3 day trip in Bergen at the beginning of September. Is it easy / legal to fly there? Any special thing to consider?

love the picture

Wonderful!
I am going to have a 3 day trip in Bergen at the beginning of September. Is it easy / legal to fly there? Any special thing to consider?
Great! You should find it easy to fly here in Bergen, if you move a bit out of town/city centre. We do have a number (7) of mountains surrounding and close to the city, with very nice hiking areas. Put your Mavic in a back-pack and you should be able to fly within an hour or less.

If you have the opportunity there are many nice places to fly your drone at this part of the country: Visit Bergen - Official Bergen Tourist Information Site

The regulations for flying drones are more or less as in Europe and USA, as found here:
I never experienced any conflict or attention of the police.

William :)

Reactions: quirom
Thanks, and totally agree! I once, many years ago, had the pleasure of visiting Sydney and its lovely harbour. In a way similar to Bergen harbour/city fjord. But that was years before the age of drones. I must admit that I had to "stretch" the regulations a bit to make my Tall Ships video. But very focused on the safety of surrounding people and activities. Kept the drone above water only when shooting video.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121