DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Talmine Beach and the Rabbit Isles, NC 500 Scotland

AlbionDrones

Reactions
Site
www.youtube.com
A short visit to the area over Easter to visit friends afforded us the chance to fly the drone, this was taken mid afternoon, after driving 463 miles in 8 hrs and was a great way to stretch after the long drive. The islands off the coast are the Rabbit Isles, and the mountains inland are Ben Loyal and Ben Hope, both over 3000ft.

Water is amazingly clear and the bay is quite sheltered, making it a great location for a flight, just wish I had panned a little slower at times, but thats what you get for being up at 3am and driving for 8 hrs+!

Interesting area, worth the drive. Thanks for sharing.
Regards
Thanks, definitely a stunning area... I still have lots more still to process from the area and the trip up :)

Reactions: Gagey52
Used to the NC 500, years ago. Now, far too busy with traffic. Nice video clip. Did you do 'pass of the cattle' over to Applecross.
We were only in the area to visit friends, so didnt get to do all of the NC500, tbh apart from Applecross we have done pretty much all of it over the last few years, but we are saving doing it in one go for a special treat when we oay off the mortgage in a couple of years :)

We were only in the area to visit friends, so didnt get to do all of the NC500, tbh apart from Applecross we have done pretty much all of it over the last few years, but we are saving doing it in one go for a special treat when we oay off the mortgage in a couple of years :)
I took my 7 metre MH over the pass to Applecross. Stopped at the op for the view (clear and sunny) and whilst there an 18 wheeler came up and over from the Applecross side. Boy, was I glad I hadn't met him on the way up. I parked up overnight on a hrdstanding area going towards the coastguard station. Watched the helicopter land and takeoff again. (shift change?) I returned using coast road. Some brilliant areas for drone flying, wind allowing.

Reactions: AlbionDrones
I took my 7 metre MH over the pass to Applecross. Stopped at the op for the view (clear and sunny) and whilst there an 18 wheeler came up and over from the Applecross side. Boy, was I glad I hadn't met him on the way up. I parked up overnight on a hrdstanding area going towards the coastguard station. Watched the helicopter land and takeoff again. (shift change?) I returned using coast road. Some brilliant areas for drone flying, wind allowing.
Nice, sounds like an awesome trip... I need a larger drone for flying in the wind, the M3P is awesome, but it was pushed to the edge of possible on this last trip, so I want something bigger for use when conditions require it, just need the pennies to buy it tho...

Off to Drumnadrochit in a couple of weeks, so hoping to get plenty more flying in then :)

Looks good here next week, Glen Etive and Glencoe beckon.
Enjoy, fingers crossed for awesome weather! Hope it is as good the following week, as thats when we are up :)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J