DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tampa Bay Area Pilots

Reactions: Elton Hammonds
Sorry I've been away from the forums for a while but the new Mavic 2 had my interest again.. just have been so busy with work and life that flying took a back seat.

I ordered the M2 Zoom during the keynote and I have a tracking # with a Wednesday arrival. Can't wait.

For those flying in the Tampa Bay area, I'm always looking for Drone-friendly, interesting locations.
Welcome back!

I don't know how I didn't see your reply until now, but I'm new to flying and have been waiting for something like our Mavic 2's to hit the market. (You can't learn to drive a super car by getting a Yugo...LOL)

At the moment, I'm trying to figure out why my video feed isn't working correctly.

My current theory is my recently acquired Nexus 9 doesn't have a sufficient processor.

I bought it with the advice of a DJI customer rep on chat on the day of the M2s launch event, but he/she may have been looking at the M1s compatibility.

I just got a Mavic Pro 2. I’m in Holiday. Which is on the Pinellas/Pasco border. Would love to meet up with some experts and learn a lot about these things!
I know some of the best known video bloggers live in our area, but I haven't tried to contact them yet.

However, it would be kinda cool to get together once the heat here lets up in about a month. [emoji12] [emoji106]

I'm in Spring Hill and patiently waiting for my M2P to arrive.

It's my first drone and I'm new to the group, so I don't know how to "follow" someone, but I would definitely enjoy meeting up to fly eventually.
We should meet. I often fly in Vet park, Deltona Woods park, Bayfront park, the park south of Rogers park.
I really want to try Activetrack against a boat.

Reactions: Elton Hammonds
I dont know of any rules at this park but I have flown there many times with no problem. It is a city park. Actually fly a lot of fixed wing there too. It is the best public field I have flown at. The first shelter even has electricity .
Sheffield Park | Oldsmar, FL - Official Website

Chris

This park, and all along the outfall canal from Tampa Rd down to the train tracks, is pretty good. Meese countryside hosipital is across the canal though, and they do have helo's coming in there. Canal park is mostly empty all the time, that's another good spot.

I'd like to meet up with some of you guys. I don't know anybody with a drone. Just got my mavic 2P a week ago.

Anyone in Tampa want to meet up? I don't have my Mavic yet, should have it next week. If anyone is flying in the next few days and wants company or a spotter, PM me.. I'd love to see one in action.

Also would be up to meet other drone enthusiasts. I am somewhat a newb and looking for pointers and to hand with experienced pilots.
@khabbi - Anytime mate, I have a Mavic Pro and live over by Indian Rocks Beach, and love to fly around the beach area for some insane Videography &Videography!!
Or the Sunshine Skyway area is an awesome place to film! Hit me up when you're ready to fly our drone mate?

@FLPilotshark
Will be out in Madeira Beach this weekend.

PM ME and I will give you my number and you can send a text since I am less than 5 minutes from Maderia Beach! Just be careful not to fly over people and keep your drone in sight.
Also, just a little FYI - you have to worry about planes that fly over at altitudes of 400ft on the beach! I have seen them fly w/their banners for advertisement pretty low. Just be alert or have a spotter& you will be fine!
I usually try to get some cool dronie shoots and nice and smooth cinematic footage over the water! Here is a nice video of when I fly around the Sunshine Skyway Bridge with my Mavic Pro.

Last edited:
Going to Treasure Island for some boating and test flights of the Mavic. I will be there for the week of August 17 - 24. I need a vacation.
Look for me in the sky's and on the water.

am close to the intersection of 19 & 54

I live over in Seminole area which is only a half mile from the beach! I do a lot of flying over by the Sunshine Skyway and up and down out beaches!
Here is a short video I made out there flying around the South end of the bridge:

Had it for a week, done some limited testing at www.WPMPAdotCom, rc flying club.
I am still at the "so glad it returned home" stage.
If you need a big open area to test stuff out I would be glad to sign you in as a guest.
Must be pretty close to neighbors! I got my drone last thursday and haven't had the chance to fly it yet. Looks like today (is 1:45 am now} might be calm enough for first flight! about time, been tearing me up wanting to get it flying. I plan to head towards Aripeka. There is a pretty good spot just north of the Sunwest mines on the other side of the road. Have to have a 4 wheel vehicle to get there. Maybe we can meet up sometime.

Meetup.com would be a good place to set up a group to communicate meetings and Fly-ins. I would be ok with setting it up if people are ok with that. I like it for the kayaking groups.

I have been flying at the Aripeka Sandhill preserve. South side of Aripeka on 595. Seldom more than a few people out there, rural setting so no electronic interference, and there is more space across the street in the area that was mined. I did my first sphere there. I will try to get it uploaded.
Last time i flew there I couldn't get a bright enough picture on my phone. To small and not bright enough for my old eyes. Got home and realized that i had my sunglasses (prescription and polarized) on. Duh! But i went ahead and ordered a tripltek tablet that I have recieved. It adds quite a bit of weight to the controller but i can see it without having to add some kind of sunshade.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AASHIANAPC