DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tampa Bay!

SPUDGUN1981

Reactions
Hi all, I’m traveling to Tampa from the UK later on the year and staying about an hour south of Tampa.
Am I aloud to bring my mavic pro and fly with no hassles law wise?!?!?!
(License, height etc etc!)
Any help or information much appreciated!!!
Thanks for your time!

Here are the rules as I understand them.

Per the FAA's FAQ:

"I'm a foreign national and want to fly my UAS in the U.S. on vacation. Do I have to register before flying?
If you are a foreign national and you are not eligible to register your sUAS in the United States there are two ways for you to operate. If you want to operate your UAS exclusively as model aircraft you must complete the steps in the web-based registration process and obtain a "recognition of ownership." This recognition of ownership is required by the Department of Transportation to operate a model aircraft in the United States. Alternatively, if you want to operate your UAS as a non-model aircraft you must register your UAS in the country in which you are eligible to register and obtain operating authority from the Department of Transportation.

NOTE: at this time, the FAA's online registration website can only be accessed from a computer located in the United States or its territories or possessions."

You can register here once you arrive in the US.
FAADroneZone

Reactions: SPUDGUN1981
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada