DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tap Fly: Distance and Speed for Ascending?

Sucatan

Reactions
I was just watching this tutorial on Tap Fly. At 1:03 the tap fly is initiated to fly thru obstacles. Now I was wondering at what speed does the Mavic air decide to ascend or descend using tap fly mode? What if the obstacle was 100 meters further away? Would the Mavic air ascend slower in order to get thru this obstacle? Is it really that intelligent and recognizes obstacles when setting the target?

That's quite an old video. The app has been updates since with a speed control slider that appears on the right of the display. This allows you to adjust the speed - slower for better accuracy of obstacle avoidance, or faster to get there quicker!

Sorry, you misunderstood my question. I am aware of the speed control slider. Please have a look at my attached illustration. Situation one: 50 meters away of obstacle. Situation two: 100 meters away of obstacle. In both cases I use tap to fly and put the target at the exact same spot above the horizon line. Question: Will the drone adjust the ascending speed according to the distance (B) of the obstacle or not (A)?

Attachments

• 20190610_160657.jpg
    20190610_160657.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 36
Sorry, you misunderstood my question. I am aware of the speed control slider. Please have a look at my attached illustration. Situation one: 50 meters away of obstacle. Situation two: 100 meters away of obstacle. In both cases I use tap to fly and put the target at the exact same spot above the horizon line. Question: Will the drone adjust the ascending speed according to the distance (B) of the obstacle or not (A)?
No idea, but I like your self-portrait ?

Tap Fly does not "know" what it's flying through/to, it will just go where you tell it to go ;-) Now the sensors will stop the Air if an obstacle is detected within their range. So it will ascend to reach the point where you told it to go.

Ok, thank you for your explanation. In that case the guy in the video was simply lucky for going thru the obstacle using Tap Fly!

Yes he didn't specify it but I'm pretty sure he tapped in the right spot ;-) His screen recording software doesn't show the screen taps unfortunately.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2024mastermind