DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tap Fly Max Distance.

WDKZoom

Reactions
Is anyone aware of a max distance on "Tap Fly"?? I was out 700 feet, turned my zoom around and wanted to tap fly it back to me using tap fly. Got the warning that the max tap fly distance had been reached. I had no clue this would happen but I brought it on back some more to 500 feet and tried it again and it worked. I would have thought that tap fly would be set at my max flight distance of 1010 feet but that was not the case.

WDK

That's never happened to me. All Tap Fly is is an autopilot where you tap on the screen where you want to go and it flies in that direction. I've been further than 500ft with it.

Just be careful to account for horizon when you tap. If you tap below horizon, it will descend as it goes.

I can tap of course to descend or ascend.....love the way that works.

I will have to try again but I got the warning until I reached 500 feet. Perhaps looking at my screen capture, what it is telling me is that I cannot enter the mode, however it is possible to already be in the mode and fly as far as my limits.

WDK70D0FEC9-D790-4BA3-BC9F-4DDE9012828A.png

Did you resolve your issue?

I cannot without flying further than my VLOS. My max distance is set for 304 meters. Twice I flew the tap fly mode as far as it would go and both times it stopped at 916 feet where it stopped and hovered. From there I turned it around and tried to fly it back to me in tap fly and it would not set until it got to approximately 500 feet. Now I am left with the only way to prove otherwise is to set a no max flight distance or at the very least increase it again to see what would happen but I will not do that as per VLOS.

If you any other suggestions I would be more than happy to entertain them other than flying further.

Sorry, I should have posted my results but there did not seem to be much interest.

WDK

Attachments

• F8879E6F-D895-4CE6-A942-776540E58D92.png
    F8879E6F-D895-4CE6-A942-776540E58D92.png
    6.1 MB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads