DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Taser Drones in Schools?

Sounds like they were planning an expensive, high-tech "solution" that could be stopped by a door or a broom.
I wonder how many other drone manufacturers have an ethics advisory panel?

Reactions: The Droning Company
Sounds like they were planning an expensive, high-tech "solution" that could be stopped by a door or a broom.
Or a net.... or spray paint... or ... sheild.... etc.

At best you could have a drone tello style for surveillance until it's knocked down, but an old CCTV system could be used for that, and not as easy to disable.

I wonder how they will always manage to tase the trouble maker and not an innocent party.
Bring on the lawsuits . . . schools, education systems, drone systems manufacturers will be easy pickings.

What next, armed drones to counter those bringing weapons to school ?
That is if able to get past the very common metal detectors now operating in most larger urban schools.

Makes you wonder just how long a Terminator style Skynet is away.
That was a fantasy to most, seeing those Inspire looking self aware drones back when the Judgment Day movie was released . . . would you believe 20 years ago ?

My IT son coincidentally named our home network 'Skynet Global Defense Network', bless him.

7998365.jpg

Imagine if they armed that other drone system that got published recently that could fly as a group of small drones through trees successfully navigating them and talking to each other. It would be like a swarm of bees with stingers.

• Wow
Imagine if they armed that other drone system that got published recently that could fly as a group of small drones through trees successfully navigating them and talking to each other. It would be like a swarm of bees with stingers.
Though if they go that route I really really really hope either they select their targets accurately, or can't easily be hacked by a third party.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803