DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Teaching part 107

Lapeer20m

Reactions
Today I (we) finished teaching our very first class designed to help students pass the part 107 exam. It was about 16 total hours over 2 days.

The class consisted of several fellow firefighters and one township attorney.

I am expecting a 100% pass rate.

I'll keep you guys posted.

(This was a collaboration between myself and a brilliant fire/Ems instructor)

Today I (we) finished teaching our very first class designed to help students pass the part 107 exam. It was about 16 total hours over 2 days.

Did your training include any "hands on"?

Did your training include any "hands on"?

This training was primarily just part 107.

Everyone did get to put the goggles on and try out head tracking gimball on the first day while mavic flew nearby.

On the second day, we went out and watched mavic take photos for a fire investigation and do a quick drone deploy mission over the same area. Then we came back and reviewed the photos/videos on the big screen.

Our next class will be two days of learning how to fly mavic and learn all about go4 and Gs pro.

Then I'd like to have 2 more days of advanced drone training, like flying fpv (with a vo) flying inside and proximity flying (with cages) flying at night as I assume our night waiver will be approved any day now, and practice getting the drone back when the iPad suddendly shuts off or disconnects as well as other "emergencies"

Reactions: Anthony Viscomi
This training was primarily just part 107.

Everyone did get to put the goggles on and try out head tracking gimball on the first day while mavic flew nearby.

On the second day, we went out and watched mavic take photos for a fire investigation and do a quick drone deploy mission over the same area. Then we came back and reviewed the photos/videos on the big screen.

Our next class will be two days of learning how to fly mavic and learn all about go4 and Gs pro.

Then I'd like to have 2 more days of advanced drone training, like flying fpv (with a vo) flying inside and proximity flying (with cages) flying at night as I assume our night waiver will be approved any day now, and practice getting the drone back when the iPad suddendly shuts off or disconnects as well as other "emergencies"
Glad to hear that...sounds like a GREAT class!

I would of signed up had I known [emoji17]. Unless this was just for the EMS and related. Sounded like it was a good turnout [emoji106]

nobody has failed yet. lol

there were 5 in the class.

the first two are scheduled to take their part 107 early this week. I will follow up after they other three take theirs with the results.

Awesome! I have a syllabus/curriculum that I developed to teach our guys. It's a 2 day as well (with a 3rd day option in precision flight instruction). I am currently programming a WPLMS for them so they can take the quizzes, do activities, etc. online. I really hope to have that done within 60 days or so. Kudos to raising the level of competency!

Update: 100% of the students in the first class who took the faa test passed. (One person never took the test)

Just finished our second class today. I’m mentally exhausted. It’s a lot of work and there are a lot of questions, some of which I cannot answer.

I expect 100% of these students to pass as well. It is really fun to watch them learn the information and begin to understand the importance of airspace and how it works.

Just got off the phone with another fire department and have been requested to schedule some classes to train their guys too.

Maybe I’ll give up my firefighting career and just teach full time. Just kidding, i have the greatest job in the world. Teaching is hard.

Gotta be careful to not venture too far down the rabbit hole.

Do you want my 30 second version of “density altitude” which will allow you to correctly answer 100% of the test questions, or do you want a 20 minute discussion of what it is and how it affects aircraft?

These are the important decisions....lol

Reactions: richardseguro

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Claybird