DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Temporary air space restriction question

Bop

Reactions
Hello, So I noticed today on the B4UFLY app that the president will be visiting our area on 9-22-20 6:15pm thru 9-22-20 10:15pm. No other restrictions so I went to set a few waypoints (using DJI GO 4) and it would not let me because of "restrictions". I was able to fly normally in this area.
I am assuming waypoints are disabled in the restricted area because of the 9/22/20 restriction? Is it normal protocol to restrict waypoints 2 days ahead of the actual restricted area?
Thanks

Hello, So I noticed today on the B4UFLY app that the president will be visiting our area on 9-22-20 6:15pm thru 9-22-20 10:15pm. No other restrictions so I went to set a few waypoints (using DJI GO 4) and it would not let me because of "restrictions". I was able to fly normally in this area.
I am assuming waypoints are disabled in the restricted area because of the 9/22/20 restriction? Is it normal protocol to restrict waypoints 2 days ahead of the actual restricted area?
Thanks
Don’t worry about details your drone will not start or TO in a TFR. It will stop at the margin if you fly into the edge. Exactly as is legal

Yes. The same thing happened in Cleveland a month or so ago. While stationed with Exec Flight at DUSAAin 1972, anytime Marine 1 was due in at the Pentagon, we were grounded 1 hour prior and about 20 minutes after they landed. With today's sophisticated assets, it wouldn't surprise me.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan