DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Temporary Flight Restriction??

ddayton187

Reactions
Im in in Sunriver south of Bend Oregon. I bought a Mavic Pro about 2 months ago and everything was fine. I tried to fly 2 days ago and got this:

9/9131
Level: Authorization Zones
Type: Temporary Flight Restriction
Start Time: 7-28-2019 16:00:00 UTC-07
End Time: 10-01-2019 16:00:00 UTC-07
Time: 24-hour clock

authorization-878e879982c9555bcaab7bb6bce3c6ca.png

9/9517
Start Time: 7-29-2019 11:15:00 UTC-07
End Time: 10-01-2019 03:32:00 UTC-07

Is this a temporary thing until 10/1/19? My controller shows in NFZ and it says it can't take off. Is there a way to unlock this since Im on a few acres and don't understand why this all of a sudden went into effect..any ideas!!

I just noticed this on the DJI unlocking website:

9/9517
Authorization Zone Unlock Available
Temporary flight restrictions for Special Security Reasons

Im in in Sunriver south of Bend Oregon. I bought a Mavic Pro about 2 months ago and everything was fine. I tried to fly 2 days ago and got this:

9/9131
Start Time: 7-28-2019 16:00:00 UTC-07
End Time: 10-01-2019 16:00:00 UTC-07

TO PROVIDE A SAFE ENVIRONMENT FOR FIRE FIGHTING AVIATION OPERATIONS
authorization-878e879982c9555bcaab7bb6bce3c6ca.png

9/9517
Start Time: 7-29-2019 11:15:00 UTC-07
End Time: 10-01-2019 03:32:00 UTC-07

TO PROVIDE A SAFE ENVIRONMENT FOR FIRE FIGHTING

They are for FIRE FIGHTING safety. Unless you're part of the Agency Requesting the TFR you have no recourse to fly and honestly you have no right to fly... not even 10' off hte ground. Remember if YOU'RE flying they CAN'T!!

Is this a temporary thing until 10/1/19? My controller shows in NFZ and it says it can't take off. Is there a way to unlock this since Im on a few acres and don't understand why this all of a sudden went into effect..any ideas!!

Fire Fighting operations....

No, unless you are with Public Safety you can't fly and shouldn't be flying until after the TFR's are cancelled.

That makes sense! I just moved here this year and didn't realize the forest fires and stuff around here...Thanks for the quick replies!!

Reactions: BigAl07
They are firefighting

Interestingly those don't show up when you search for TFRs in Oregon on Federal Aviation Administration - Graphic TFR's. Are we sure that they are still active? I've noticed that sometimes the individual TFR webpages still stay up even after the TFRs are cancelled.

I also checked with the Flight Service Flight Service briefing site and don't see those two TFRs mapped anymore.

I can't find them on the graphic TFR either but they are clear to have their disclaimer at the bottom:

Depicted TFR data may not be a complete listing. Pilots should not use the information on this website for flight planning purposes. For the latest information, call your local Flight Service Station at 1-800-WX-BRIEF.

I can't find them on the graphic TFR either but they are clear to have their disclaimer at the bottom:

Depicted TFR data may not be a complete listing. Pilots should not use the information on this website for flight planning purposes. For the latest information, call your local Flight Service Station at 1-800-WX-BRIEF.

I updated my post after I checked with WX-BRIEF and didn't see the TFRs there either. I still wouldn't try flying there unless I talked to someone who confirmed they are cancelled though.

I updated my post after I checked with WX-BRIEF and didn't see the TFRs there either. I still wouldn't try flying there unless I talked to someone who confirmed they are cancelled though.
It doesn't look like that's going to be problem because :
I just noticed this on the DJI unlocking website:

9/9517
Authorization Zone Unlock Available
Temporary flight restrictions for Special Security Reasons

Sometimes the system works as designed... unfortunately this is NOT always the case :)

They are firefighting

Interestingly those don't show up when you search for TFRs in Oregon on Federal Aviation Administration - Graphic TFR's. Are we sure that they are still active? I've noticed that sometimes the individual TFR webpages still stay up even after the TFRs are cancelled.

I also checked with the Flight Service Flight Service briefing site and don't see those two TFRs mapped anymore.

They appear to have been cancelled.

It doesn't look like that's going to be problem because :

Sometimes the system works as designed... unfortunately this is NOT always the case :)

Most TFRs show up in the Fly Safe system as self-unlockable authorization zones, even when they are active. That seems like a bad idea.

Reactions: dawgpilot
Should I call the Flight Service Station at 1-800-WX-BRIEF? Its not a big deal but if its not supposed to be there. Im obviously new to drone's, this is my first one and Ive only flown it 2-3 times. I guess I just want to practice more and I can't. I guess I can drive a little NW and be clear of the TFR...Im right on the edge of the zone...

Reactions: BigAl07
Should I call the Flight Service Station at 1-800-WX-BRIEF? Its not a big deal but if its not supposed to be there. Im obviously new to drone's, this is my first one and Ive only flown it 2-3 times. I guess I just want to practice more and I can't. I guess I can drive a little NW and be clear of the TFR...Im right on the edge of the zone...

Calling and getting it first hand is always a very good idea. But the key here is even if the FAA says, "That TFR has been cancelled" your aircraft won't fire up because it apparently still sees the TFR as active. There could be a FlySafe database update that could remove it IF it's no longer active.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman