DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Temporary vision obstacle avoidance error

Skaife46

Reactions
Hi guys,

I was out flying the m2p tonight for the first time since I had a small crash and also updated the firmware.

Just as it was getting dark I got a warning on the app “temporary vision obstacle avoidance error” and all sensors switched off. Prior to that had been fine and I’d never seen this before.

I’m new to drones so am unsure what this means. Was it because of low light? Firmware issue? App issue? (Android Samsung s8) or maybe damage from the crash I can’t see?

I updated the firmware with my iPad and am waiting on my mavmount to arrive. So was forced to use the Samsung 8 instead. iPad app seems good but android has Chinese writing for the c1 & c2 shortcut for sensors setting.

I also noticed it struggling to focus in low light on photos. I could not get a clear image. Daylight seemed fine. But oddly when I switched to video it was perfectly clear.

Last edited:
I do not own a M2P but OA and auto-focus does not work well in low light on the MP so that could be the cause of your problems. Try again in good light to see if the problems persist.

Low light is probably the cause of the obstacle sensors not working.
When you looked to program the C1/C2, was the RC & AC connected? If not that may be the reason for the Chinese chars.

Low light is probably the cause of the obstacle sensors not working.
When you looked to program the C1/C2, was the RC & AC connected? If not that may be the reason for the Chinese chars.

Is that a normal error to receive when light is too low? The very comprehensive manual doesn’t mention anything. :rolleyes:

The Chinese characters differ depending which device I’m using. Android is in Chinese and iPad is English. Both AC and RC connected. I’m leaning towards an android issue.

Still can’t figure out why the focus has turned to custard though.

It might be.
As mentioned, low light could also mess with the auto focus.

Do you have any issues in normal light?

I haven’t had a chance to test it again in daylight due to work. But it would seem to me that with plenty of people flying them at night the error I am receiving isn’t normal or someone else would have commented saying so.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78