DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro [TEST]DJI Pocket 2 for night shots form china chongqing

Nice and clean city, and a good display of relative freedom.
Notice the predominance of publicity everywhere,
Very nice, thank you.

Last edited:
Seems like China has more freedom than America ?

I don't think the mods here would appreciate any politics discussion here. But if you're referring to people on the streets and the lack of social distancing or lockdown measures...

It's because China has mostly eliminated COVID-19 months ago through very strict and effective nationwide lockdowns, where people actually cooperated with the authorities on the whole. I personally lived through it in Beijing.

For about a month most Chinese people didn't even leave their neighbourhoods (which are sort of gated communities), people didn't go to work and travel between cities was mostly suspended. The entire province of Hubei was totally locked down and quarantined for an additional month on top.

Even after the lockdown, China has remained very vigilant and life didn't really return to normal until maybe May or so. Every time there was a flare-up since then, like Beijing in late-May, the government again moved very aggressively to contain and eliminate. The vast majority of cases in China since then have been imported cases from abroad.

My girlfriend recently returned to China from Japan. She had to pay about £200 for two tests (PCR and igm) just to get on the plane back to China. Then once she landed, they tested everyone again and took all international arrivals straight to quarantine hotels. She's currently halfway through her two-week quarantine.

My point is: a LOT of work has been done and a lot of sacrifice has been made to get to the point you see in OP's videos. A lot of work continues to be done behind the scenes to maintain China's mostly COVID-free status.

I noticed very few people with masks. That's the benefit for masking up early and beating the Covid virus. Must be a great feeling to get to that point in time. Noticed the many wide open public squares where people can gather, another significant feature of China. Thank you luodiandian.

Besides ISO 400, are you using the Mavic 2 Pro? What was the f-stop? How did you set white balance? Overall I think your exposure looks fine. Allow that could change once you're in the air with the drone. If you are planning to actually fly some of that urban area. I suggest flying over that fountain and pointing the cameras straight down. That would make a great shot. Once you fly, edit it and put music on it, be sure to share the video with all of us. Good luck.

Reactions: luodiandian
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thefons82