DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Test Fly 1.2.2 iOS offer new Altitude Indicator function

TaiTony

Reactions
I like the Go4 attitude indicator I use with the Spark.

Good to see it's available for the Go Fly app.

It's 14° F (-10c) now so I'll have to wait a while for a test flight with the MA2.

Thanks for sharing. :)

I think the problm with this new indicator is it doesn’t show the direction of the controller in relation to the AC position. With the old indicator if you lost view of the AC you could orientate yourself more efficiently.
If I loose the " the old indicator if you lost view of the AC " I will NOT update! For sure! Or if someone can explain how it works and why the update is done. Thanx!

In Go, you're at the center and the AC icon revolves around you. Looks like they reversed it in Fly where AC is center and you/HP revolves around it.
Unless you can tap somewhere to flip them, like the AC icon.

In Go with you in the center, as you turned the entire indicator would spin. If you didn't have compass, then it would be north up.

Reactions: TDZHDTV and MA2 317
At least you can turn the AC so that it's pointing to the blue (you) or HP dot. How far towards the circumference the dots are gives you an idea how far away it is from you.

I'll have to check it out tomorrow with my iPad which is charging right now. Not available in Android yet.

Yeah it’s crazy, you can point your controller in the opposite direction to the drone and there is no visible indication unless I’m missing something?
Ok, let me try to understand. Ref. to the attached pic and that I am now flying back home. Isnt it a bad idea to fly with the front of the drone towards the RC = me? I thought the signal is better if you fly with the back of the drone towards the RC ? Pls correct me if I am wrong.

Attachments

• Compass2.jpg
    Compass2.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 26
Ok, let me try to understand. Ref. to the attached pic and that I am now flying back home. Isnt it a bad idea to fly with the front of the drone towards the RC = me? I thought the signal is better if you fly with the back of the drone towards the RC ? Pls correct me if I am wrong.
Signal is omnidirectional in a circular patter surrounding the antenna.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming