DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Testing and have fun with the RTH on map function Mavic Mini.

• Thread starter Deleted member 114080
  • Start date
This I will have to try, I have a MA and MM and could see an opportunity to apply this adventure. Than you for the idea. Enjoy your flying.

Mavic Air has something much easier and better: tap to fly mode.
Thanks, I will give it a try. Tomorrow, we are expecting favorable weather here. Enjoy your flying.

Cool, that means you can send it to (a well known and no obstacles in the way) destination and only control the camera. Can the Pro, Air and Spark do that ?

Cool, that means you can send it to (a well known and no obstacles in the way) destination and only control the camera. Can the Pro, Air and Spark do that ?
Older DJI drones have Course Lock, which keeps the drone flying on a set heading regardless of orientation, which has been replaced in later models by Tap to Fly which does that and more (e.g. letting you pick a target on the map, like a one-point waypoint mission). I was extremely surprised (and seriously disappointed) that the Mini doesn't even have that feature, much less waypoints. I almost returned the thing when I found that out, and the only reason I decided to keep it was the hope that Litchi will provide those features when DJI opens up the SDK. I have dozens of toy drones that satisfy my enjoyment of flying drones, but I bought the Mini specifically to use as a camera drone, and it never occurred to me that a DJI GPS drone would be so limited in its autonomous flying modes.

Last edited:
As soon as the weather cleares I will test. For now It's really poor weather to fly :-(

I tested the tap to fly mode (TTF) today. Works great. I was flying, paused, sought the TTF, set it for a (coridinates, point on screen) visual landing spot. It worked and hovered over the landing spot. I will work to test the landing. But got to say, it was darn close to my designated spot. Thank you for reminding us of this cool feature. Enjoy your flying.

I did also test RTH change with maps coordinates. You can jaw, control the gimbal. So, it's kind of tap to fly but with RTH. As with TTF you can focus only on the cam controls. DJI may come up with future upgrades for TTF MM, dunno.

I did also test RTH change with maps coordinates. You can jaw, control the gimbal. So, it's kind of tap to fly but with RTH. As with TTF you can focus only on the cam controls. DJI may come up with future upgrades for TTF MM, dunno.
You just have to remember to cancel the landing if your not close to the home point

Indeed, but if you know it's safe to land you don't need to cancell. Furthermore, if you are familiar with the surrounding you can move the MM to a next RTH point on the map. During this transition you can control, only the camera, in any direction you want ;-) Short clip here: https://youtu.be/PFSgkLetQCU

Last edited by a moderator:
Older DJI drones have Course Lock, which keeps the drone flying on a set heading regardless of orientation, which has been replaced in later models by Tap to Fly which does that and more (e.g. letting you pick a target on the map, like a one-point waypoint mission). I was extremely surprised (and seriously disappointed) that the Mini doesn't even have that feature, much less waypoints. I almost returned the thing when I found that out, and the only reason I decided to keep it was the hope that Litchi will provide those features when DJI opens up the SDK. I have dozens of toy drones that satisfy my enjoyment of flying drones, but I bought the Mini specifically to use as a camera drone, and it never occurred to me that a DJI GPS drone would be so limited in its autonomous flying modes.
Word of warning: unlike course lock, height is also controlled by where you point on the screen. That's why there's the horizon line on the screen.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
griggmi