DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Testing question......

FASTFJR

Reactions
So it looks like I'm going to be offered a job which requires me to get my 107 pretty quickly. I never really thought it about taking the test since I fly for a hobby now. Years ago I did fly for a few real estate companies and made a nice buck on the side. That ended when the 107 went info effect. Since I had a regular full time job I wasn't going to bother.

So my question is what is the easiest / fastest way to jump in with both feet to pass the test? I have watch some tutorial videos and I gone thru some of the sample questions. Their is an 8 hour class that is near me in January for $650. It pretty much guarantees your going to pass. I'm thinking a crash course like that might be the best route for me.

Thanks

Anyone?

I had an aviation background but the online YouTube videos were enough for me to pass with an 87.

Check out this video:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Practice reading aviation charts, weather and airspace. $650 is a stretch. I’d rather add a new drone to the fleet. :)

Reactions: FASTFJR
Thanks, I think I'm going to sign up for one of the online classes for $250. Just reading some of the test questions were like WTF. I government went from zero rules to way overboard in my opinion. Having flow R/C aircraft for many years I have a pretty good understanding at how things work. But some of the questions about a plan landing on a certain runway and questions about weather? Come on, if its raining I'm not flying Lol

Thanks, I think I'm going to sign up for one of the online classes for $250. Just reading some of the test questions were like WTF. I government went from zero rules to way overboard in my opinion. Having flow R/C aircraft for many years I have a pretty good understanding at how things work. But some of the questions about a plan landing on a certain runway and questions about weather? Come on, if its raining I'm not flying Lol
The test has 60 questions out of a pool of about 200 so no 2 tests are the same. The test has very few actual questions on flying a drone, they focus on understanding the National Air Space and how it works.
The questions include aviation weather (METARS and TAFS) VFR charts and attitude of the pilot also some on loading the aircraft.
Tony Northrup's video on YouTube FAA part 107 is a very good start. There are also numerous web sites with test questions that you may see on the actual test.
The test its self is not really hard but some of the questions are worded tricky. If you study you will pass, but you have to study.
Good luck and happy flying

Thanks!

I just passed the 107 today!

I used two youtube videos, the 3DR practice tests and bought the $5 Remote pilot app. That's it. I just watched the videos and did the practice tests over and over until I consistently passed them at 90% or better. Probably two weeks studying on and off a couple hours here and there.

Tony Northrup page with study info and video:
Free FAA Part 107 sUAS & Drone Certification Study Guide | Northrup.Photo

Great video where the guy walks through EVERY practice question explaining what the correct answer is and why:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

3DR Practice Tests:
FAA Part 107 Drone Exam Practice Tests - Page 1 | 3DR

Prepware Remote Pilot App ($5):
‎Prepware Remote Pilot

I passed with 85%

Don't go for the $650 class or even $250. They are selling your what is already available for free on Youtube. The above listed resources will do you well, and you can search FAA 107 test question on YouTube and there are many available. Watch through them and you will learn what you need.

Don't go for the $650 class or even $250. They are selling your what is already available for free on Youtube. The above listed resources will do you well, and you can search FAA 107 test question on YouTube and there are many available. Watch through them and you will learn what you need.

Thanks!

I used the King Schools test prep class. It took me a month at an hour a day.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lab916