DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Testing the Titan Tactical Ground Station with a DJI Mavic Pro

I'm beginning to think that I have some type of interference off my back deck that's causing some issues. EVERY flight gives me a STRONG interference warning. I am thinking that it's such a strong source of interference that it interrupts almost any system I try.

So today, I took the unit down to our neighborhood Lake Club where I have flown many a missions using my stock Phantom and Mavic. I wanted to test the Titan Case out in a area without interference. At the lake, I usually get about 5000 feet using my stock controllers. (Still a lot of trees)Today, I was out to 7500 with 3 bars to go and only came home because it was a little windy. This was with the standard whip Antennas and I could have kept on going.

I am 100% sure that the Titan Boosted case was rocking it today..No question about it. More testing to come. Oh, I would like to mention how nice was to be able to watch my iPad under a sunshade instead of a iPhone or Mini..I like this case more and more...

Below are some Awful pics of the flight..I didn't have a SD Card in the bird so these pics suck as they are just the cached shots. At least the bird has that as a failsafe for people who forget their stuff! The chicky on the Paddle Board is the wifey!

3a0a6cbfbb28edb79946b4a629f1610c.jpg
34d91a19617807b9c5c49656d49def53.jpg
0b6b36163998142294eb15b9d194a470.jpg
a3c0a016d5e9e74d730fb85f43680d29.jpg
d0d974ef200a7cfcae7508ad1b4b8f1e.jpg
9b347af8366f0a660c08bf096390fe8b.jpg

6274bdb423d74b8655863876cf45e2cf.jpg

718e50260a9703c48b335c17e58dde88.jpg

Btw...This flight was with the new software...No glitches that I saw..

Last edited:
Reactions: SkyNinja
Well...Today's the Day..I am going to test the Maxx Range Antenna with the Titan Boosted case following this same path.I got 7222 with the Boosted Omni's so this should be interesting.. I got the Maxx in the mail today..Standby..I will do a scene record..

60f1ee25b7374c0d6b8539a5969ac558.jpg

Ok..So yesterday wasn't the day but today is..I am heading onto the porch for the big test..

Reactions: Lapeer20m
So..Here the verdict...There is NO doubt that by using the Titan Case to boost the Maxx Antenna I got STELLAR RANGE!

1. Using the Maxx antenna on the Titan Case I had to only turn around do to battery, not reception. Even at 11400 feet, I still had like 77% video and controller signal..

2. When using the Titan whip Antennas I only got 7000 something feet and was flickering bad.

3. Details about this flight from Air Data below(link)

Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones

5de6e8d08063f2cc9768b5f5535f6a80.jpg

Very interesting mate good job! Can I have more info about your "titan case? Never heard of it before. Many thanks

So does titan booster compare to maxi YouTube showing that titan is much better product It goes much distance do you in here agree ??? I'll be using my mavic DGI in sub housing track area For real estate purposes And I don't want to lose signal And sometimes I'll be flying low and far distance what do you guys recommend? I'm all new at this However three years ago I was watching a YouTube video on directional moving antenna it practically the antenna would move in the direction where your drone was located and it showed in the video that worked very beautiful however I tried locating the video again but I can't find it

Reactions: ghedgepath
Very interesting mate good job! Can I have more info about your "titan case? Never heard of it before. Many thanks

If your just looking for info on the case you can go to Titan's website. It serves a purpose but is not for everyone. The case as is will definitely give you more solid control over a greater range. However, It's not as much as one might think with the Antennas provided by Titan with the case. I am currently testing a directional antenna by another company and getting very nice results with the Boosted system in the Titan case.

Btw..Titan is coming out with a Boosted Directional Antenna soon that will snap right into this case. That will be great!

Reactions: Sisko
If your just looking for info on the case you can go to Titan's website. It serves a purpose but is not for everyone. The case as is will definitely give you more solid control over a greater range. However, It's not as much as one might think with the Antennas provided by Titan with the case. I am currently testing a directional antenna by another company and getting very nice results with the Boosted system in the Titan case.

Btw..Titan is coming out with a Boosted Directional Antenna soon that will snap right into this case. That will be great!
Thanks much for your reply. I saw a bunch of video about the titan and honestly, it's proved that it's very good when you turn on the boosted system (penetration and quite good more range). But still the directional polarized antenna (titan stock) is not giving such substantial improvement. Using titan whip antenna or dji stock one, (whithout booster) almost the same performance!

So the issue is whether MAXX antenna is better then Titan directional antenna. Even though as far as I know, Even just MAXX antenna itself doesn't kick so good as expected. The real difference is the booster....

Let's see... and please keep us posted.

Cheers

So does titan booster compare to maxi YouTube showing that titan is much better product It goes much distance do you in here agree ??? I'll be using my mavic DGI in sub housing track area For real estate purposes And I don't want to lose signal And sometimes I'll be flying low and far distance what do you guys recommend? I'm all new at this However three years ago I was watching a YouTube video on directional moving antenna it practically the antenna would move in the direction where your drone was located and it showed in the video that worked very beautiful however I tried locating the video again but I can't find it
Best choice is a boosted system... let's see after some benchmark what the actual outcome is.

Cya

abw, I am new to drones and the Mavic. Your YouTube video was one that I watched completely as I was curious about the Titan Case. I think the case is bad *** however the gains weren't what I would have expected. That said, I would be in the market for one of those if the price was a little lower.
Keep flying and thanks for taking the time to post on YouTube.

abw, I am new to drones and the Mavic. Your YouTube video was one that I watched completely as I was curious about the Titan Case. I think the case is bad *** however the gains weren't what I would have expected. That said, I would be in the market for one of those if the price was a little lower.
Keep flying and thanks for taking the time to post on YouTube.

Well.. I found my wrecked P4P so if DJI give me a new one which they better, I will be selling the case and Mavic. Check it out under classifieds..

Is the directional antenna that you purchased from the other company how well does it work and in sub housing and trees area And low latitude

Hey..I want to say something else..The only reason I posted the video was to share the results and so that we can have a discussion about it and distance in general. Not to start some "I work for Titan paranoia"..

It may very well be that I am having distance issues due to some other reason and in that case, I need your help not skepticism about my motives for a video..jezzz...I have serious wifi running here at the house. 10 Wifi cams, two way encrypted wifi alarm, two wifi boosters, wireless locks, routers, time capsules, etc..Maybe I need to go test somewhere else? Maybe I have three bad units from DJI? I posted this to have a normal discussion and I hope we can..

@GooniesNeverDie.....I forgot to mention that I don't hot swap..At least not intentionally..[emoji848]

Nice review of the case, i was thinking of getting one but after seeing this it probably is not for me, i can see however how it could be useful. Radio signals dissipate in woodland, (learnt that when i did my amature radio exams) so a 30% increase in those conditions would be beneficial.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zack400