DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Thailand Drone Rules?

Been here a while now and generally no problem. They're banned in national parks and big tourist areas (so james bond island, Similan islands etc).
One person i know of did get caught flying one from a boat near Similans and fined by the rangers. The islands have clear no-drone signs. That said the fine was a fairly laughable 500 baht.
After 1 juanary is not same risk , keep in mind

Been here a while now and generally no problem. They're banned in national parks and big tourist areas (so james bond island, Similan islands etc).
One person i know of did get caught flying one from a boat near Similans and fined by the rangers. The islands have clear no-drone signs. That said the fine was a fairly laughable 500 baht.
Since when they banned it? I was at Krabi last week, I'm unable to fly too. Kinda disappointed.

I got back from Thailand this week and I had zero issues in and out of the airports. I had the drone in my carry-on and they didn't ask to look at it a single time. They asked to see my batteries once, but it wasn't a problem bc they are under the size limit and I had the terminals protected.

I only flew my drone on the beaches in Krabi (we stayed on Railay Beach), but here are the cities we went through airports in: Dallas, Seoul, Chiang Mai, Bangkok, Krabi, and then back through Bangkok, Seoul, DFW. No one asked me if I had it registered with the Thai government, but I probably would have if I had time.

No one stopped me on the beach while flying it. Too bad it was pretty hazy, the footage is just ok. I went to the least busy spots on the beach, and stayed pretty high so no one noticed. Some of the popular beaches (like James Bond Island) have signs posted 'no drones', but it was so packed I wouldn't have wanted to anyway. I hope this helps.

Awesome thank you very much for your report Ryan.
I'm heading to Thailand in about a month and plan to stay in Koh Phangan for a couple of weeks. I would like to get a few establishing shots of where I stay etc and won't be pushing boundaries. Good to hear you had no issues and were simply respectful during your time.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Philip Chura