DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Thank goodness for this forum!

I'm a brand new drone guy in SC. I got an MA2 a couple days ago, and have spent waaaaaaay too much time on the DJI site trying unwind the complexity of the features and control systems. OMG what a resource this site is! I've been here less than an hour, and have already found answers to all of my most pressing questions. Thank you all for sharing your knowledge here for one another. Thumbswayup
I wish to add my welcome to this wonderful forum. It is a great group of enthusiasts all willing to teach and share knowledge, a little humor (sometimes very corny), and some very smart drone pilots and photographers.

Dale
Miami

Welcome from New Zealand and a very Merry Christmas, safe New Year 2021 and cheers, to all of the Forum members, for the many hours of enjoyable flying and great photographic experiences ahead. Fly safely and have a fantastic festive season to close out a very difficult year, worldwide. And thoughts go out to all those who may have lost a friend or family member due to virus complications. We are all very lucky to be here - and to have our amazing little drones. ????????????⭐☃️⛄☃️

Welcome to the forum! :)

I'm a brand new drone guy in SC. I got an MA2 a couple days ago
Here are some things to help you get started with your Mavic Air 2:
  • The current Mavic Air 2 manual can be downloaded here (it doesn't come in the box). Other important documents can be found on the Mavic Air 2 downloads page.

• Check out this getting started guide for some tips not found in the Mavic Air 2 manual.

• This video covers all the basics of the Mavic Air 2.

• Your drone batteries will last longer if you use and maintain them like this.

• Practice flying outdoors in a wide open location that's free of all obstacles. Don't attempt to fly inside your house or in other confined locations.

• The drone records flight data each time you fly. You can decrypt and view those flight logs with these tools.

• Check out MavicHelp.com for commonly used accessories you might need.

WELCOME to the forum :)

Thanks Tony. We've got some big trees (100+ feet) and a regional airport nearby, so I am a little nervous about flying and setting a proper RTH height, but I'm sure I'll get more comfortable with it over time.
Remember if you are close to an airport or any restricted zone your drone may not allow you to take off, If this happens you may need to call the airport's tower (number is usually on their website) and get permission and then go to the DJI unlocking site Self Unlocking - Fly Safe - DJI and follow the procedure for each restricted zone. You will need your controller's serial #. DJI will then put an unlock code in your controller (you can see it in the settings) for that specific restricted zone. For the RTH being too high is safer of course and also the M2Pro/Zoom has a lot of sensors that makes it hard to crash.

Reactions: Steel63
I'm a brand new drone guy in SC. I got an MA2 a couple days ago, and have spent waaaaaaay too much time on the DJI site trying unwind the complexity of the features and control systems. OMG what a resource this site is! I've been here less than an hour, and have already found answers to all of my most pressing questions. Thank you all for sharing your knowledge here for one another. Thumbswayup
Thank YOU for using the Forum's search engine! Good on you! I bet the immodly ones are happy, too.

D

Reactions: Steel63 and MA2 317
I couldn’t agree more!

Greetings from Canada,

I’m a Mavic Mini 2 and Mavic 2 Pro owner as of Dec 2020. New to the forum as well.
Many thanks to all for sharing their experiences - much of which have high lighted some of what should be detailed more in the DJI manuals. Unfortunately much of the more serious issues are only generalized in these manuals, relying heavily on the automated RTH process.

On the one hand, these machines can feel like toys - but speaking from the perspective of an Airline Pilot,
Id hate for someone else’s “fly-away” or a battery pop-off event to occur in front of me when i’m lined up for final approach.
Please continue to respect airspace dimensions and fly responsibly.

As with anything, a proper educated background can help to mitigate the associated risks and make way for this to be a truly enjoyable hobby.
I recently read a discussion where a “pilot” had the drone up to 1300’ AGL and I’m still shaking my head...
GA aircraft are authorized as low as 500’ AGL in uncontrolled airspace - we need to keep this in mind. There are no warnings and no radio calls required. Unless you hear it or see it, you will never know it is there.
Its hard enough finding airplanes when flying VFR from the cockpit itself.

Many thanks to all of the forum members as well as the moderators for making this an enjoyable source of detailed reference material.

Cheers

Welcome to the forum and enjoy.

Please share your pictures, videos and knowledge about your drones.

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adsjr