DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Thank you!!

Reactions
Had my first outdoor flight and thanks to y’all, it was AWESOME!! I’m in Chicago so I’ve been waiting for weeks in the winter for UAV Foecast to give me the thumbs up. Finally!! I went to a large preserve with open space. I made sure I had great satts and set my home location. I kept the drone in site and no more than 200’ out and no more than 100’ high. My first flight was with the cage on. I had a butt pucker moment practicing return to home. The drone climbed to 100’ (which is set), and although the wind was 7mph, it was gusting at 14mph at that height. I was in C mode and watched the drone sit there. No panic, thanks to y’all. I cancelled out, dropped to around 20’ and returned easily. My second flight with the cage off, and in S mode, the RTH worked flawlessly, even in the wind gusts. Thanks again to all of you for the great posts and advice!

Welcome to the forum . Thumbswayup

Excellent! ? Many fine members here to help as always! Thumbswayup Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Welcome to the forums - great place to get tips and answers to your questions. Also, the search function if an excellent place to search for the many questions a new member will have.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacjes