DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Thanks Dji, Mavic Air

Sounds like you’re a bit upset because of the better specs the new mavic air 2 has, and with pretty much the same price as when the Mavic air was released a couple years ago. But that’s just how technology works and you should actually be happy that they didn’t priced the new Air 2 like they did with the Mavic pro to the pro 2. As for dji, kudos to them for releasing a terrific drone for less than a thousand dollars.

@naiku thank you..

well.. there is only one point that i can agree with you about stole meanings.. but i deleted it because i cant explain rightly..
but otherwise i can't agree with and i dont have to be.. you gave some samples but this is not car .

about the rules.. here you can take permission at online system if your drone is above 500gr.. if its not, you have to fill some documents and post it to civil aviation. and again there is not any compare with air2 ..

So wait. In turkey they allow you to fly a drone that is 500 grams HEAVIER with little hassle than when it is BELOW 500?

Other countries says 250grams and you need to register with a bit of a hassle.

That makes it that turkey is a nice place to fly drones then. Buy a heavier drone will fix your problem.

I understand your concern that by releasing a drone for effectively the same price and significantly upgraded, with minimal warning to sell your current one ahead of time, it's effectively cut the value of your drone dramatically. I had similar concerns, but if you compare it to buying a car or even a computer, you're actually in much better place. Buy a $1000 dollar laptop 2 years ago and you'll be lucky if it's worth 500 dollars today(probably less) and for the same $1000 dollars you can get a significantly better machine or keep using the laptop that still works perfectly fine for you. Similar math for a car.

In my case I commend DJI for keeping the price point in the sweet spot for me. also I'm assuming the strict guidelines where you live and escalated pricing probably means your air 1 might actually have less depreciation from a percentage point of view than here in the states. The only people I think have a bit of a gripe are those that bought their air 1 at full price in the last 3-6 months. If anything I'd like to see DJI offer a serious upgrade or trade in option for those people. I have to agree that would be a hard pill for me to swallow where as I've gotten 18 months of enjoyment from my air and will happily pass it along at discount to the next person who will thoroughly enjoy this little gem as well.

Reactions: NAVMAV
I can actually sell my MA combo around 750$ in Turkey. Maybe you thought then we can get MA2 easily... But that's around 1400$ :/ Not the combo pack.

I can actually sell my MA combo around 750$ in Turkey. Maybe you thought then we can get MA2 easily... But that's around 1400$ :/ Not the combo pack.

In England the Mavic Air and Mavic Air 2 are both the same price.. if I could get £700 for mine with the fly more kit I’d happily pay the difference to get the Mavic Air 2 with fly more kit.

Not a bad deal for someone if they want it since it would be cheaper than buying a new one and they would also get the benefit of the fly more kit too.

OK guys i just tried to clean this thread up.
Seems we have a communication problem here so give the guy a break.
Anymore unnecessary post that are off topic or rude will dealt with and i will issue warnings from here out.
Be civil guys you are better than what i just disposed of.
Got an issue with this post message me Do not post it.
?… Wise words.. Some on here don’t understand that we are an international / global community.. Think before you post!

Hi DEWR 83.. I also have a Mavic Air that I bought in April 2018…I love it! It’s a great drone in very many respects, if it had had Occusinc from the start, it would have been a great drone, the enhanced Wi-Fi is the weakest thing with the Air 1. However….( I’ve already been shot down for saying this before! ) In my view, the new Air 2 is much more of a bigger, and hugely improved version, of the Mavic Mini, it’s self an excellent product for the price. The Air 1 that you and I enjoy, has a lot of features that the new model doesn’t have. The Go4 app offers much more adjustability and information than the Fly app currently does ( hopefully it will improve with updates over time ). I really like the fact that I can fly my Air 1 with just my phone…or by it’s self, using the gesture control in smart capture..it works really well. I like the fact that the Air1 really is pocketable, the new one really isn’t, it’s compact when folded, but not like the Air1. I will probably get an Air2 in a couple of months..for the Occusinc and longer battery life, but I will definitely be keeping my Air1…..Regarding the price in Turkey…Why not simply go on a short holiday to Italy or someplace in Europe and buy one there..The difference in price would pay for a long weekend away.. Enjoy your Air 1, as I enjoy mine.?

Reactions: rtakak
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djiNonMini