DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The Age of the Drone Police Is Here (WIRED)

What's the threat du jour? Are you suggesting the Skydio has engineered the measures being considered by the US Congress to restrict DJI? Or are you suggesting an alliance between Skydio and the agencies who are using their drones? Or just the government agencies doing the ;ushing?
some of all of those. however, i don't necessarily subscribe to skydio being the sinister catalyst to all the chaos but they are attempting to muscle their way in which is not a good thing and won't end well. i posted the video because i wanted people to see what we are up against. they aren't a pushover.

don't get me wrong, the x10 is a great drone and i can see it being the only drone and the drone of choice for all your public safety and law enforcement needs in all 50 states and federal. imagine that.

competition is a good thing. having more than one manufacturer in your portfolio is a good thing. as long as one of those is not dji, i guess.

just some thoughts since we only seem to hear about skydio these days in one context only.

My point is drones are not effectively used against the bad guys; drones will be primarily used against the honest, law-abiding citizens. Would you support a state law prohibiting insurance companies who do business in that state from using drones to collect information to be used in such a decision and only use drones in case of a claim with the consent of the homeowner; if an insurance company does this illegal act the penalty is $1M per image taken?
Insurance companies are using drones to find policyholders who are non-compliant with the terms of their policies. In many states, maintaining the policies is causing insurance companies to lose money and the companies are looking for any excuse to cancel an existing policy. The use of drones is a symptom of a deeper problem for the insurance industry and homeowners.

A ban on insurance companies from using drones would never get passed. If a ban like that did get passed, the insurance companies would hire a helicopter with a photographer and take the same images. It would cost more for the insurance companies, but once they automate the process, they can cover more neighborhoods in less time. A ban like that would accelerate the process of insurance companies pulling out of states where it costs too much to insure a home.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lab916