DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The Aquatrain

blackomega

Reactions
Here is a flight over the CN Aquatrain

A unique marine - rail transport system that routinely transports railcars between the Port of Prince Rupert and Alaska
there are other barges that transport railcars but nothing else in the world is as big as the Aquatrain

Enjoy

Feel free to post any questions or comments and as always please like and subscribe

Very cool and interesting! So I guess the rail cars are unloaded onto tracks at Whittier then the train passes under a huge mountain through a 2.5 to 3 mile long tunnel on it's way to Anchorage and maybe Seward. Apparently the tunnel accommodates both trains and cars. I had no idea.

Very cool and interesting! So I guess the rail cars are unloaded onto tracks at Whittier then the train passes under a huge mountain through a 2.5 to 3 mile long tunnel on it's way to Anchorage and maybe Seward. Apparently the tunnel accommodates both trains and cars. I had no idea.

Longest combination road rail tunnel in the world

I’m not a boat person, but that is super impressive

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
VERY COOL!!
There was a discovery channel series about Alaska railroading. The show was horrendous(over dramatized as all of the current reality TV shows are) but they did include the operations of loading and unloading this barge.

VERY COOL!!
There was a discovery channel series about Alaska railroading. The show was horrendous(over dramatized as all of the current reality TV shows are) but they did include the operations of loading and unloading this barge.
Thanks for the tip, I'll have to look it up, I'd love to see the episode featuring the loading/unloading of this rail barge. Everything in that part of the world from Vancouver northward just seems bigger, grander, and the distance between infrastructure (towns, roads, powerlines, etc.) is staggering. This is where boats and aircraft rule!

This is all I was able to find
Sadly it appears to be in french but if you all could find an english version please let me know

Reactions: Twocalf
Found what I was thinking of... a railroad barge but unfortunately not the Aquatrain. Still a cool operation.
The show "Railroad Alaska" was on Discovery channel

Go back and film the unloading. An amazing barge I have never seen such a thing . Well done.
I will try on that one. kind of hard to find out when the crew actually does the loading offloading. Also I think the tide plays a role somehow. It might take a while but I will see what i can do

This is all I was able to find
Sadly it appears to be in french but if you all could find an english version please let me know
Thanks, I watched most of this even if I couldn't understand the narration! The video spoke for itself and really enhanced your drone video by understanding what the Aquatain is all about. What I liked about this documentary is that there were more real people doing their everyday jobs and not a bunch of talking head "talent" than are featured in most US based Discovery shows.

Found what I was thinking of... a railroad barge but unfortunately not the Aquatrain. Still a cool operation.
The show "Railroad Alaska" was on Discovery channel
Thanks.

I dug through my pictures and found this shot where there are more cars on the barge.

I can see the tug boat making its run back here on my AIS so will go out again
DJI_0293.JPG

Go back and film the unloading. An amazing barge I have never seen such a thing . Well done.
You ask and I deliver

Very cool and interesting video! Well done!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charliesunique