DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 The Colors of the Morning

AlanL

Premium Pilot
Reactions
It looked promising for a nice sunrise when I got up this morning and Mother Nature didn't disappoint. Single frame 70mm shot featuring Mt. Adams and the Cascade foothills as seen from the west side of the Vancouver WA area. Still a fair amount of wildfire smoke in the scene but not so much it obscures the view of the mountains.

DJI_M3P_70_AdamsSunrise091723-1.jpg
Comments and critiques always welcome.

Fantastic, lot of peopl think these colors dont exist in the sky but we know better.
Thats a realy nice capture.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water, an Capture Red skies.

Reactions: AlanL
Fantastic, lot of peopl think these colors dont exist in the sky but we know better.

Phantomrain.org
Thanks - I have been shooting lots of sunrises and sunsets for decades (mostly from the ground) and have seen quite a few with colors this intense but I will say they are the exception and not the rule. The intense stuff never lasts all that long so if you weren't in the air already when this slice of the sunrise was taking place you wouldn't get the shot. I was basically hovering directly over my house spinning around taking pano sequences and I have this same position from 2 minutes earlier and one minute later. Neither of those flanking shots matched the peak color in this one.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Awesome photo!

Great shot. It is clear that this one is the real thing. I live of the shores of one of the Great Lakes where there are amazing sunsets on a daily basis. A lot of folks will come down to the beach to see (and photograph) the sunset, then go home and 'goose' the colors and post the shots on line. The results are sometimes hideous. Yours is gorgeous and natural.

Great shot. It is clear that this one is the real thing. I live of the shores of one of the Great Lakes where there are amazing sunsets on a daily basis. A lot of folks will come down to the beach to see (and photograph) the sunset, then go home and 'goose' the colors and post the shots on line. The results are sometimes hideous. Yours is gorgeous and natural.
Thanks Jim - I am a moderator on a photography forum and see the hideous edits all the time. I go out of my way to not be one of those photographers.

Reactions: Touring497

Phantomrain.org
I agree with Phantom Rain- I just submitted a similar image yesterday. These colors only exist in Canada.

Dale

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_