DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The difference between Ma-2 and the Ma-2 pro besides the price??

Rgrimard

Reactions
Currently in Arizona Back in Maine come May
Is there a big difference between the MA-2 and the MA-2 Pro besides the price?
I see the "Pro" version of the MA-2 on the DJI website and often wondered why the "Pro" version
was even introduced by DJI ?. If any of you folks have some experience with the "Pro" I would
like to hear about it from the folks that have used it, and post you comments here....Thank you...Ron

The Mavic 2 comes in two flavors, the Mavic 2 Pro and the Mavic 2 Zoom. The Pro version has a 1" Hasselblad sensor (not that the name means anything in practical terms), but has a variable aperture from f2.8-f11. The zoom does have zoom capability but has a fixed f2.8 sensor that I think adjusts a bit as you zoom (not sure). The Pro's larger sensor is better in low light and the variable aperture is more convenient for getting cinematic footage with minimal monkeying around with ND filters.

My advice: If the Zoom is on your radar buy the Air 2S instead. I think it will take as good if not better images than the Mavic 2 Zoom. The Air2s has a 1" sensor and takes terrific images. There are a few other features on the Mavic 2's, but not significant enough to choose the Zoom over the Air2s. If you like the Mavic 2 Pro, I would strongly suggest you get a refurbished unit. You will save several hundred $$ and there isn't a spec of difference between "new" and refurbished. I have a refurb and can state that unequivocally. For me the variable aperture was enough to push me into the Mavic 2 Pro instead of the Mavic Air 2 that was available at the time. I prefer the slimmer controller of the Mavic 2's vs the newer, bulkier one featured with the Air2/s and Mini 2, though some people feel the opposite. What I like about the Mavic 2's is the "tripod" mode with a max speed of 2.5mph vs the Air2 and Air2 "cine mode that has a max speed of 11mph... but is more difficult to control precisely (inches rather than feet) because of latency and dead spots in the sticks. But still the Air2s is an awesome machine and you'll not find anything close for the money... if you can forgo variable aperture.

Is there a big difference between the MA-2 and the MA-2 Pro besides the price?
I see the "Pro" version of the MA-2 on the DJI website and often wondered why the "Pro" version
was even introduced by DJI ?. If any of you folks have some experience with the "Pro" I would
like to hear about it from the folks that have used it, and post you comments here....Thank you...Ron
There is a Mavic Air, a Mavic Air 2, and an Air 2S. There is no MA-Pro. Since you posted this question in the Mavic Air 2 Discussions section, I have to assume you aren't asking about the Mavic 2 series, although I could be wrong, since you seem confused about the proper aircraft names. The reply above explains the Air 2S benefits, which you can then easily compare to the original Mavic Air 2.

Last edited:
The Mavic 2 comes in two flavors, the Mavic 2 Pro and the Mavic 2 Zoom. The Pro version has a 1" Hasselblad sensor (not that the name means anything in practical terms), but has a variable aperture from f2.8-f11. The zoom does have zoom capability but has a fixed f2.8 sensor that I think adjusts a bit as you zoom (not sure). The Pro's larger sensor is better in low light and the variable aperture is more convenient for getting cinematic footage with minimal monkeying around with ND filters.

My advice: If the Zoom is on your radar buy the Air 2S instead. I think it will take as good if not better images than the Mavic 2 Zoom. The Air2s has a 1" sensor and takes terrific images. There are a few other features on the Mavic 2's, but not significant enough to choose the Zoom over the Air2s. If you like the Mavic 2 Pro, I would strongly suggest you get a refurbished unit. You will save several hundred $$ and there isn't a spec of difference between "new" and refurbished. I have a refurb and can state that unequivocally. For me the variable aperture was enough to push me into the Mavic 2 Pro instead of the Mavic Air 2 that was available at the time. I prefer the slimmer controller of the Mavic 2's vs the newer, bulkier one featured with the Air2/s and Mini 2, though some people feel the opposite. What I like about the Mavic 2's is the "tripod" mode with a max speed of 2.5mph vs the Air2 and Air2 "cine mode that has a max speed of 11mph... but is more difficult to control precisely (inches rather than feet) because of latency and dead spots in the sticks. But still the Air2s is an awesome machine and you'll not find anything close for the money... if you can forgo variable aperture.
Hi Vindibona1....Perfect !! your comments are very Appreciated and that was what I was hoping to hear back.
I will certainly take a look at the "refurbished MA-2 Pro" and certainly consider it first before the others.
My MA-2 and the MA-mini are certainly fun to fly and the Video and the Photos are very impressive.

I thank you for your in depth comments.

Hi Vindibona1....Perfect !! your comments are very Appreciated and that was what I was hoping to hear back.
I will certainly take a look at the "refurbished MA-2 Pro" and certainly consider it first before the others.
My MA-2 and the MA-mini are certainly fun to fly and the Video and the Photos are very impressive.

I thank you for your in depth comments.
Again, even after being corrected, you are using the wrong abbreviations for the models and makes it hard to interpret what exactly you are asking about !!

MA2 (as you keep referring to) is the Mavic Air 2

There is no MA 2 Pro

There is a Mavic 2 Pro...completely different drone from the Mavic Air

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929