DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

the eagle has landed

Mine arrived this evening too. It's being held by "domestic customs" until I reach an imminent age milestone ??

Doing some rough calculations...
Shenzhen to UK is about 9480km and it took about 192hrs to arrive, from despatch time. That gives an average speed of nearly 50km/h or 30mph, so the official specs are about right! How many full batteries would that trip have taken ?

???
could i ask when that milestone is i hope its not to long

Thanks, recent posts have convinced me to order the Mini Flymore Combo. Hope to have it in hand soon.

I can guarantee those are not arthritic finders, it is hard to remove that battery for me as well. Stuff just gets smaller those days... I feel like a plastic surgeon each time I try to remove that battery, 100% focus not to rip off all the guts by accident :)
Did it prompt you to update battery firmware? If not, if you have time and desire could you do 5 min hover test on freshly charge batt, inside (to keep temp the same) before and after batt firmware upgrade?
with regards to the battery up date message when i first powered on the MM it told me that there was firmware update which i did then i flew it with that same battery , during the update it also updates the battery that is in the drone at the time,then later on i tried battery no 2 and i got the update battery message , which i did then the same with battery no 3 ,this is quite normal for all mavics if the firmware update includes the batteries you will get the same message if you put a new battery in the drone that has not been used before,hope that makes sense

with regards to the battery up date message when i first powered on the MM it told me that there was firmware update which i did then i flew it with that same battery , during the update it also updates the battery that is in the drone at the time,then later on i tried battery no 2 and i got the update battery message , which i did then the same with battery no 3 ,this is quite normal for all mavics if the firmware update includes the batteries you will get the same message if you put a new battery in the drone that has not been used before,hope that makes sense

I got it, but I had this impression after battery upgrade MM runs hotter, now you can't test it because you are on the newest firmware :) I'm proboly halucinating.

Two out of my three batteries prompted an update.

Could you run 2 quick tests: put fresh battery with new firmware in and turn on MM for 5 min and check temp after 5 min, then do the same with battery with the old firmware. and see if a temp is the same in both cases there is a difference.

In my case I was prompted separately for each battery (3 times) seems like during firmware update it is only controller and AC that gets updated, and then when you reboot, it detects battery has a different version from the controller and prompts to update to match it.

Reactions: TDZHDTV
Very much still interested in the Mini, will wait a bit now until they sort of Fly glitches on IOS . . . AND . . .

While I'd get the normal combo, I'd like to also be able to get say 3 or 4 of the Japanese market batteries, to keep it well under the usual 249gm or less registration / licencing regulations in many countries, as this would really suit my travel / droning needs better.

The nett weight of the bare MM with lower battery spec is 199g, well low enough to allow to skin it brightly for VLOS, and add a decent strobe on the back somewhere, and still be well under the 250g.

Not sure if Japanese batteries will generally be available elsewhere, expect they could be ordered after a short while, ovce things settle a bit with demand etc.

Only problem is that you're reducing energy which reduces air time, then adding weight for even less air time.

Only problem is that you're reducing energy which reduces air time, then adding weight for even less air time.

Yes, I know, but this would be only for countries concerned when relative to travelling.
Here in Australia, I'd just put my rego on it (from next year sometime).

18mins (real time 15 mins ?) vs 30 mins (real time 27mins with 5% battery apparently), I could live with that to escape a lot of pre trip hassle.

Very remote regions ?
Well . . . . :) ?

and of course if you wanted a bit more flight time you could carry one battery in the MM and the other three in the charging hub and still get them all in the case

oops have i just talked myself into getting another battery i wonder

Your remote battery will probably be flat by this point though.

Reactions: old man mavic
Your remote battery will probably be flat by this point though.
well i can fly 5 batts in my MPP and still have around 50-60 percent remote battery left i use an ipad which does not drain the remote battery like a android does

Reactions: pelagic_one
Happy
sorry the MM has landed what a little cutie, got the flymore combo on a charge now, and then will set it all up its looks like a mavic in miniture, will let you know how i get on flying it soon
Happy days! Hope you enjoy. I look forward to your updates :)

well i can fly 5 batts in my MPP and still have around 50-60 percent remote battery left i use an ipad which does not drain the remote battery like a android does
I really should check how much I drain my remote when I go for a fly rather than just assuming. Saying that my P30 Pro battery is epic so might not hit it that hard.

I'll be airborne by the weekend, so not too long to wait. It's dark and cold by the time I'm home so it's not as if I'd be missing out on much flying time before then.
Me too! I can't wait for my MM to arrive, I think I just bought myself my own early Christmas present, looking forward to getting it out this weekend as it is due to arrive late this week.

could i ask when that milestone is i hope its not to long
MM is airborne :). No serious flying as the wind has been a good bit beyond the quoted 8m/s it is supposed to be able to withstand. Gusts were blowing it downwind at times! I did have the lee of some foliage I could drop back safely into. Now the long wait for a non-windy/rainy weekend.....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31