DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The end of recreational drone and RC model flying in the USA?

Drone_guy

Reactions
I found this post on Reddit and I thought it was serious enough to post here. I posted this in another thread but wanted to post here so everybody can see it.

There is serious discussion in Congress to limit our rights to fly drones or model aircraft in favor of commercial interests! Listen to these industry people talking about how drones are dangerous and need to be regulated. They want to put a transponder on our drones so they can "keep tract" of what we're up to!

I'm not big on petitions but I figure it can't hurt.

Please keep "Rule 336" of the FAA Modernization act INTACT so it will protect model aviation hobbyists. | We the People: Your Voice in Our Government

Reactions: DCS62
I found this post on Reddit and I thought it was serious enough to post here. I posted this in another thread but wanted to post here so everybody can see it.

There is serious discussion in Congress to limit our rights to fly drones or model aircraft in favor of commercial interests! Listen to these industry people talking about how drones are dangerous and need to be regulated. They want to put a transponder on our drones so they can "keep tract" of what we're up to!

Please keep "Rule 336" of the FAA Modernization act INTACT so it will protect model aviation hobbyists. | We the People: Your Voice in Our Government

It has already been posted.

Reactions: Former Member
They want to put a transponder on our drones so they can "keep tract" of what we're up to!

There already is a transponder on the Mavic. DJI sells a system for airports and security agencies that can track where the owner is flying from (the blue dot home point). If you enter a remote ID they will get that too.

There's a guy who's been flying around the new Apple HQ from way off property. He said Apple Security tracks him down every time.

It has already been posted.

Yes...I posted it in another thread....unless you're saying it was posted a month ago.....not sure. But it's worth being posted again for the people that didn't see it.....if that was the case.

We need to take action immediately! The FAA is not your friend. This is coming from a Commercial Multi-engine pilot with 43 years of experience.

Reactions: MiniPalourde
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato