DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The FAA trust recreational test is finally here.

Drone_Pilot

Reactions
Well the FAA finally released the recreational trust test. And yes before anyone ask even though you have a 107 you still need to get your recreational test to fly recreation. (REALLY!) The good thing it's free it's fast 30 minutes test and you cannot fail the test.

Reactions: projectarjun
Just now hearing about this today. I have Mini so I haven’t had a registration for awhile now. I read that the test doesn’t apply to Mini. I guess I’m saying I’m glad I have Mini lol

30 minutes? I got it 100% under 10, and I wasn't focusing on it too much... It's very easy, you can't answer wrong and quick to do. And test applies to any recreational flying, regardless of weight (so Mini etc included) - you just don't need to register those.

Been there..... Done that. Thumbswayup

Just now hearing about this today. I have Mini so I haven’t had a registration for awhile now. I read that the test doesn’t apply to Mini. I guess I’m saying I’m glad I have Mini lol
Just for clarification, this only applies to people flying drones that are required to be registered, yes?

Thx,

TCS

Just for clarification, this only applies to people flying drones that are required to be registered, yes?

Thx,

TCS
Everyone......

Yup, another post about it. A few including myself have already passed it. It's sooo easy.

Thx,

TCS
It applies to everyone including children and it also applies to 107 Pilots no exceptions

Everyone......

Well, alright then! I guess I'll go do it.

Very informative video, thanks!

Not an unreasonable requirement. If you're going to fly a drone for fun, you need to be able to document that you've been shown the rules. Fair enough.

I'm pretty impressed with Pilot Institute. When I was looking to get my 107, I almost signed up for their course, because it looked thorough and well done. But in their own literature, they said that if you're a current Part 61 pilot, you really didn't need to take their course. How many shops are that honest and open?

So I went and got my BFR, which I'd been wanting to do for a while anyhow, which let me take the "short" route to getting my 107.

Thx!

:)

TCS

Reactions: flatline42
Well the FAA finally released the recreational trust test. And yes before anyone ask even though you have a 107 you still need to get your recreational test to fly recreation. (REALLY!) The good thing it's free it's fast 30 minutes test and you cannot fail the test.
I went to FAA.gov. Where is the test?

Took it in about 5 minutes. Lots of people here are saying it's super easy. It's easy because the people here know the laws and follow them. If you are Bobby that just got a drone for his birthday because it's cool, you probably don't know any of this. I felt this was a great class for people that don't have a clue about the rules and makes people know the basics.

Reactions: flatline42

Thx,

TCS
What I read on the FAA website is that the test itself applies to people with a drone that weighs more than .55lb. Basically, if you have to register, you have to take the test.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661