DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The first set of global standards for drones has been launched.

first anything "global" should be banned in the United States of America.
We are a nation, NOT a world community. and ALL laws for this country should be made here, NOT in a back room in a communist country. yes the un is behind all the global control stuff. and not just for drones.
before you call out and flame me, just look at all the outside laws being rammed down on us.
yes i am probably treading here. but just say each country should do its own laws, not laws made elsewhere where life is different.

Reactions: cloneme and NetDep
IOS At the manufacturing plant I worked at we were inspected once a year and had to pass In order to sell globally. International Organization for Standardization is headquartered in Geneva Switzerland. Without international standards do you think your iPhone would fit together as well as it does.

Last edited:
We're too interconnected world wide to not have standards.
If there weren't world standards, members on this forum could only come from one country.
You can scale it down to federal vs state standards/laws to get the picture.

Reactions: Classic flyer
manf standards are one thing.
but laws are another. and on the subject of "standards" then every country should use only the same batteries as we have in the USA. aka D, C, (the B died out a long time back) aa, aaa, etc. even wall voltage should be the same. hay how about all those countries that drive on the wrong side of the rd now must drive on the right side. how about the way even a dvd or dv is made for varied parts of the world.
this is why each country is different and should kinda stay that way. laws are a country's thing, and should never be established or apply to another country.
but we all (humans) do agree on things like never put your hand into a flame. (except for show using a butane fueled flame, very low heat output).

first anything "global" should be banned in the United States of America.
We are a nation, NOT a world community. and ALL laws for this country should be made here, NOT in a back room in a communist country. yes the un is behind all the global control stuff. and not just for drones.
before you call out and flame me, just look at all the outside laws being rammed down on us.
yes i am probably treading here. but just say each country should do its own laws, not laws made elsewhere where life is different.
Couldn't agree more regarding the Global thing ... Why you have a 'World Series' in baseball, but only have USA teams playing is beyond me ... :confused:
And - when you go on holiday next time ... as your airliner lowers it's undercarriage on final approach, just relax, because the same rules that keep drones out of the way around US Airports, will most likely be in place where you are landing ... You'll be able to safely disembark and get a hamburger at another McDonald's branch that's been 'rammed down' on that country.

A mc dees is money not laws.
and in some country’s the menu is not the same as here. China has rice not frys, India does not serve any beef,
go to any country and most have there own set of laws dealing with curtailing the rights of there people.
and I would bet most first, second class world nations already have banned drones from airports.
so no world wide “laws” should be imposed on any country just because a group wants it to be so.
Like how many international airports in kena?
even just one that can Handle a 727 forget a 747.
how many people there can afford even a trash toy drone?
so why should they live under the same laws as in the United States of America. Australia, England, etc?
sure a set of general rules at international airports. (Agreed on by nations, not a self imposed group).
But still up to said country to run them as they see fit. to add or not use to there needs.
Even the largest ( of what I know) consumer grade drone can not take down a jet liner even if sucked into a motor.but anything can happen. That is why we as a community should be in front telling the governments how this should be. Not the other way around.
this is called self policing.
Look at ham radio. very little government intrusion there as they do agresavly police them selves. yes country by country guide lines. (Band use plans- just like keep out five miles deal). But in free country’s the hams are in control.

A mc dees is money not laws.
and in some country’s the menu is not the same as here. China has rice not frys, India does not serve any beef,
go to any country and most have there own set of laws dealing with curtailing the rights of there people.
and I would bet most first, second class world nations already have banned drones from airports.
so no world wide “laws” should be imposed on any country just because a group wants it to be so.
Like how many international airports in kena?
even just one that can Handle a 727 forget a 747.
how many people there can afford even a trash toy drone?
so why should they live under the same laws as in the United States of America. Australia, England, etc?
sure a set of general rules at international airports. (Agreed on by nations, not a self imposed group).
But still up to said country to run them as they see fit. to add or not use to there needs.
Even the largest ( of what I know) consumer grade drone can not take down a jet liner even if sucked into a motor.but anything can happen. That is why we as a community should be in front telling the governments how this should be. Not the other way around.
this is called self policing.
Look at ham radio. very little government intrusion there as they do agresavly police them selves. yes country by country guide lines. (Band use plans- just like keep out five miles deal). But in free country’s the hams are in control.

There are as many laws governing ham radio as there are drones and bear in mind you have to sit exams to get your ham licence. Transmit power, band plans, requirements around how often to say your call, many and varied rules around permissible antenna (HOA anyone!), registration requirements (address of station, full details of the licencee etc), using your licence or not overseas)...

Flaunt the FCC regs (or my case the Ofcom rules) and there will be issues.

If drone pilots had to jump through half the hoops ham operators have to there’d hardly be any in the air.

73 de M0SDB

i found it very easy to get my ham permit. only so many questions. no need to register any radios. and with the web, and other? there are not as many hams as even 10 years ago.
and these reg you say about ham are US, only. sure other countries have much the same, some more, some less, some just different. but none of these rules, laws, reg, etc are world wide. they are country specific. ham radio--pending what you are doing-- is more than line of sight. heck you can even bounce a signal off the moon.
and ham radio is user controlled, a good ham will snitch on you if your not doing things "right". do drone flyers snitch on other drone flyers?
and nowhere did i ever say to violate any valid law.

yes even I did register for a tracking number from the faa. and labeled my drone with it. with the way my life is, things i do, i do not need troubles from any overreaching, overbearing, agency of the government.

i can not say for real aircraft, (aka a 727, 747, piper cub, etc) used to carry freight or people. but "toy" drones used for "fun" should not need to be labeled by the state or the feds. now if i was to make money that's different, as now it is a job.

now if a leo in this county, areas i plan on flying bother to show up to a complaint, (not many liberals around here) i belive they will not do anything more than see i am not doing as the complint said and just drive away. if they even do have the free time to drive the miles to where i am at.
i do not live in a city, and my playground is farther up in the hills. state and fed forests, plenty of blm controlled land. all open fly areas. one place is six or eight miles from a airport. (yes i checked) but also down in a canyon. no planes fly there. (off limits to them) but one day in the past 10 years (sure must have been other days, just not seen by me). a cal fire crew was practicing recovery's from a helo. i stopped what i was doing there and watched them doing it. My hats off to those guys.

but it looks like i am one of a small group that believes the government is too big for our needs. (no not a overthrow thing, at lest not yet.).
yes i do live within the laws, even when they are un constitutional or harmful, or even just over reaching.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ADK Dragonfly