DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The Fly-More Kit is definitely worth it

kodiak1120

Reactions
I got my M2P last week. I'm coming from a M1P. I had three batteries for my M1P, and I quickly remembered how one battery is just not enough. I looked into buying just the batteries, but at $140 each, I figured I might as well get the Fly More Kit for only $40 more than the cost of two batteries.

The Fly More Kit came today and I really like the case. I had read and watched many videos saying the case was junk because it was too small and getting the drone in and out was a PIA. I think it's the perfect size. Maybe 5% bigger would be better, but that's about it. I can fit everything in with the exception of the car charger, which I probably won't use very often anyway and I'll just keep in my car. With three batteries, I probably won't be going anywhere to fly for long enough that I would need to charge batteries on location.

I love the charging hub and the battery bank adapter will save me of having to buy one, which I was planning to do in the near future.

Anyway, I think it's a good buy. I ended up getting it off of Amazon for $319, with $60 off because I applied for the Amazon credit card, so basically I paid less than the cost of two batteries and got the car charger, charging hub, battery bank adapter, props, and the case. I know, hard hit on my credit, but I'm not planning on any new credit in the near future, so I'm not worried about a temporary hit.

Totally agree with your comments regarding the flymore kit. I bought mine & my M2P together, love it;)

I wanted something nice & compact so it’s not a major issue while travelling to the destination to fly, this fitted the bill. Three batteries, drone, controller, iPhone & a set of props I take in that little ol bag, perfectThumbswayup

I don’t personally have any issues with mavic fitting into the bag, batteries sometimes can be a pain if not seated correctly but other than that, perfect.

I bought it, but wish I had just purchased everything individually. The bag is good for quick trips, but I dont think I would want to travel with it, not a lot of protection. I picked up the 6-1 charger and it would not fit, so i got another case. I should have just bought 2 batteries instead of the fly more.

Attachments

• 20181118_194952.jpg
    20181118_194952.jpg
    930.4 KB · Views: 81
I bought it, but wish I had just purchased everything individually. The bag is good for quick trips, but I dont think I would want to travel with it, not a lot of protection. I picked up the 6-1 charger and it would not fit, so i got another case. I should have just bought 2 batteries instead of the fly more.

I travelled from the Caribbean to the uk with mine, no probs at all;)

I got mine because it was cost effective to get cheap batteries and sell the rest. It literally cost me the street price of 2 batteries and some change (They retail $239 AUD here but I can find them $180 online)
* Spare Props are useful
* Bag is barely adequate
* Charging hub is crap once compared to a parallel charger.
* Car charger needs car running to work (not necessarily bad thing)
* Power bank converter, I think I'd rather a dedicated cheap power bank considering how expensive these DJI batteries are. I'd rather use those cycles in the drone itself and not charging my phone.

Bag works for me, though admittedly less so with recent accessories such as 9.7 tablet, tablet mounts, landing pad.

Charging hub isn't crap, just different. Better than having to manually switch batteries like I have to do with my P3 batteries. Recent parallel chargers are exhibiting issues, including slightly lower voltage resulting in less than full capacity charge, though it displays 100%

Aftermarket car chargers also seem to require car running.
Requiring the car to be running is not a problem for me. I have a Prius, so all I need to do is turn off the car's AC and optionally radio and engine only runs twice or three times for a couple minutes during the hour it takes to charge a battery.
I can't exactly lock the car while running though, smart key prevents it so I need to be at or nearby the car.

Reactions: Porky
I agree it makes carrying it easy with accessories and the additions that come with it are helpful. I am currently travelling in India and I use the battery bank adapter to USB a lot! Nice compact organized bag and extra batteries are a must all the while with a discounted price. [emoji1419][emoji1417]

Bag works for me, though admittedly less so with recent accessories such as 9.7 tablet, tablet mounts, landing pad.

Charging hub isn't crap, just different. Better than having to manually switch batteries like I have to do with my P3 batteries. Recent parallel chargers are exhibiting issues, including slightly lower voltage resulting in less than full capacity charge, though it displays 100%

Aftermarket car chargers also seem to require car running.
Requiring the car to be running is not a problem for me. I have a Prius, so all I need to do is turn off the car's AC and optionally radio and engine only runs twice or three times for a couple minutes during the hour it takes to charge a battery.
I can't exactly lock the car while running though, smart key prevents it so I need to be at or nearby the car.

100% agree with your comments especially the charging hub, I used to have the multi charging hub for my Inspire which made charging the batteries easier.
My folding landing pad.. well that’s a bit to big to fit into the bag but it’s not an issue.

At the mo I’m using a iPhone again no problem, fits nicely in one of the side pockets, when I get my CS monitor that will do the same thing. I don’t take the car charger with me, I think 3 batteries is plenty for my requirements, but I have it if needed.

Yeah it is a little bit expensive but worth it;)

Recent parallel chargers are exhibiting issues, including slightly lower voltage resulting in less than full capacity charge, though it displays 100%
Minor issue compared to the slow serial charger.
Its a small penalty to pay I think, having 4 batteries ready to go in around an hour vs 5-6hrs with DJI's "hub" means you can stay in the air much longer with the same set of batteries. Also undercharging them a little doesnt harm them in any way, if anything its a small benefit.

The included bag will come down to personal preference. I think personally its a little tight and packing it is a bit like a game of tetris. The Spark/Air bag is a little more forgiving.

Last edited:
I would like the bag to be just slightly smaller. I put my Mavic into a zip lock bag before loading it into the flymore bag.

I was thinking about the fly more combo but only really good part are battery. I ended up buying two batteries for 105£ each and sunflower 6 in 1 charger for 35£ plus some protection for sticks and full metal tablet holder for 30£. Cost me 275£ all together same price as fly combo but much more useful.

I like the Fly More Kit bag, but I feel that a few opportunities were missed on the design.

Double zips on top flap and front pocket for ease of use and access would be nice.

On the front pocket a double zip system would have enabled an Ipad mini to be held reasonably secure, the iPad mini fits into the pocket but the pocket becomes only top and bottom sided, I would not rely on this for Ipad mini storage.

The rear of the bag has sufficient width and height to accommodate another pouch (complete with 2 zips ;)) and could easily 360 degree enclose an iPad mini, and if fitted with a bellows pocket could have given much greater versatility.

I have never found side stretchy mesh open top pockets to be of much use on any kind of bag, I will happily have stretchy mesh side pockets but make them bellows type and fit a reasonably secure lid, either velcro or zip type.

Hoping this does not sound like a grumble, I really mean it to be an observation, if DJI or someone else makes a bag like what I have described then I would be interested.

I agree that the charging hub would be better if it charged all batteries simultaneiously, but that would exceed the capacity of the stock charger. Also, the car charger needs the car to be on because of the amps required to charge the batteries. That's not something you can fix with a different charger.

I agree that the charging hub would be better if it charged all batteries simultaneiously, but that would exceed the capacity of the stock charger. Also, the car charger needs the car to be on because of the amps required to charge the batteries. That's not something you can fix with a different charger.

Why I also like the simultaneous charging is for battery longevity. New DJI batteries dont really have a storage mode but rather automatic discharge after 10days to storage levels. While this may prevent swelling it relies on you keeping batteries at 100% for quite a while which will degrade the battery faster. Whilst I'm sure DJI would be more than happy to sell you another battery at their exorbitant prices, I would prefer to hang onto mine as long as possible as I work hard for my money.

So in a days flying I often charge all 4 batteries within the hour I intend to fly to 100%, fly the day each one down to average 20%. Then let them all cool and charge back up to 50-60% where I can leave them as long as needed. When I intend on flying it next, I charge to 100% which usually takes about 40mins for all batteries. Rinse-repeat.

You cant do that with the battery hub.

Reactions: kilomikebravo

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998