DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The great debate... Clearsky or Tablet

I opted for the Epson Moverio glasses, and being able to FPV (legally) has been a game changer for me.

Have a couple dozen flights with them now and still getting used to them, but I do a lot of ground level or low level trail flying, often in tripod mode showcasing parks and hiking trails with tons of branches and up/down topography, and this has allowed me to finally get some footage but be able to see obstacles more clearly.

Now I haven't flown with the crystalsky monitor, but I'm loving the Epson glasses and tiny profile/weight of the Android processor/Mavic controller that allows me to scramble around my subject matter terrain as effortlessly as my 60+ body can still go.

So the goggles are good but the CS is better is what im taking from that. I didn't think about the hot days making the goggles not comfortable to wear but it makes complete sense now that you say it. So again just to be 100% clear, the CS can be seen no matter how much direct sunlight the day gives? Other than the price what are the actual draw backs bc price is a factor with everything so that doesnt count to me. Also is it more worth while to get the larger of the two? Again other than cost any good and bad are appreciated.
I can only speak for the ultra version, but yes the picture is clear and visible no matter how bright it is outside. If you have watched YouTube reviews of it, they all pretty much say that you have to see it in person to really appreciate it, and that is true. In my opinion the large version is about the sweet spot as far as size is concerned. Big enough to see details and not too big to be awkward. It gets pretty toasty on hot days, not enough to ever be an issue for me, but it does run hot on hot days. I have read that it will actually shut down if it gets too hot, but I have never experienced it. I think the firmware updates have fixed that for the most part. I would imagine the 1000 nit unit wouldn't get near as hot, but I can't say that for sure. Another downside is that some people have experienced the backlight going out on their unit, mine did. It seems to mostly affect the ultra version. Mine was replaced under warranty, so not a big deal but I was without it for a few weeks while dji repaired it.

Reactions: ro7all
Hey all,

About to pull the trigger on a new screen. I have read many threads on the comparison of the two. My simple question is , Is there a tablet I can use in full sun with out a shade ?

Jeff
Don't want to give all the details to why I regret buying the CrystalSky 1000nit 7.85 piece of crap. But that's exactly what my Unit is. A Total piece of **** My ipad Mini 4 is not as bright but it works flawlessly..........period......

Last edited by a moderator:
I can assure you there is no need for squinting at all with the Tab A 10.1"
I'm happy and the Tab A, and don't feel the need to upgrade right now
the tablet handles the demands of the App without breaking a sweat, and at full brightness, more than acceptable in the sun.
I was tempted to get the standard 7.85
That was a quick change. You were adamant about the Tab A being fully visible in the sun and that it was all you needed. What happened in 4 days to change your mind? Especially considering you would be downgrading in terms of screen size.

I just purchased an atomos ninja flame (1500 nits) for my camera, using a thunderbolt to hdmi adapter on my ipad to use it for monitoring

Let us keep it on a civil tone, and keep our language in check. We are all pursuing the same goal.

Don't want to give all the details to why I regret buying the CrystalSky 1000nit 7.85 piece of crap. But that's exactly what my Unit is. A Total piece of **** My ipad Mini 4 is not as bright but it works flawlessly..........period......

What is wrong with yours?

I posted initially that the CS Ultra quality is amazing but now I am beginning to have issues. First with pixelated/corrupt/freezing video and now the video disconnects completely and won't reconnect when I'm flying

Its quite a shame because despite that its amazing for flying

What is wrong with yours?

I posted initially that the CS Ultra quality is amazing but now I am beginning to have issues. First with pixelated/corrupt/freezing video and now the video disconnects completely and won't reconnect when I'm flying

Its quite a shame because despite that its amazing for flying
I'd like to hear more on this. Could it be a specific firmware causing your issues?

I've resisted upgrading being I'm not having issues with it. I have yet to totally loose video and not get it back, but the app has crashed while in flight. Luckily I was able to re-boot in time and fly home.

I’ve been using my unit for around 9 months now and it still works flawlessly. What problems are you having?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots