DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s The haze in my video turns out to be smoke from forest fires1200 km away.

Good flying - I have a question: in one of your shots you are making a right turn, the windmill towers come into view at ~0:30 in the right of the screen. They look like they are leaning right. As they move across the screen they straighten up @ ~0:40 when they are in the middle of the screen, but lean left @ ~0:45 when they are on the left side of the screen. Is it just by eyes or is that just the way the camera is picking them up?

Sorry about the smoke. A lot of western US has fires right now. With the wind patterns, the smoke is getting blown all over. Here in Northern California, we have one a bit north of me. The wind shifted yesterday, now the Sacramento Valley is all smoky.

Good flying - I have a question: in one of your shots you are making a right turn, the windmill towers come into view at ~0:30 in the right of the screen. They look like they are leaning right. As they move across the screen they straighten up @ ~0:40 when they are in the middle of the screen, but lean left @ ~0:45 when they are on the left side of the screen. Is it just by eyes or is that just the way the camera is picking them up?
The effect you describe is due to the wide angle lenses our drones use. Don't notice it so much unless something you know is supposed to be vertical, or horizontal, appears in the photo.

Reactions: Prop Wash
Really like the flying, long lazy circles.... and the return home, nicely done. I thought you had sped it up initially. If I were to try that, well...I wouldn't.

The effect you describe is due to the wide angle lenses our drones use. Don't notice it so much unless something you know is supposed to be vertical, or horizontal, appears in the photo.
Got ya - Thanks for the explanation! I'll have to keep an eye out when I fly.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashtar