DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 Canadian Rockies Trip final 8 images

Dale D

Reactions
Site
vimeo.com
I'm working my way through nearly 90GB of material from our trip to Alberta and British Colombia. Our final stop was at Emerald Lake Lodge in Yoho National Park. We were certainly affected by the forest fires as shown in some of the images with the haze.
A blue jay visited our porch railing often so I have included his picture too. After editing all of these images and videos I will soon be starting work on the video. Hope you enjoy. Comments always welcomed.
First two images- Emerald Lake Lodge

Dale
Miami

Attachments

• Blue Jay on our porch.jpg
    Blue Jay on our porch.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 41
  • Boaters on Emerald Lake.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 54
  • Boathouse-Emerald Lake- .jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 51
  • Boats at the dock-Emerald Lake.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 47
  • Emerald Lake in Haze.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 48
  • Emerald Lake Lodge Sundown.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 41
  • Emerald Lake Lodge-dusk.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 43
  • Emerald Lake Stand Up Boarder and hammock.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 42
Really nice pics. You got it at a time were there was not too much smoke from the fires.
Thanks. Yes, in regards to the smoky haze- our first week or so was crystal clear, then we had intermittent hazy days and we found that it changed as we drove north from Canmore to Jasper and then back later. It actually helped set the mood for several images. All of these images required extensive editing. All people were removed, usually, as well as other unwanted objects such a mop and pail on the dock, etc. I accentuated the lighting of the lodge, and the lake reflections a lot in the images of the lodge and removed most of the people on the bridge.

Dale

Gorgeous pictures! Love how you composed these.
Thanks Maggior- you made my day! For every photo you see, there were probably 10 others that I discarded. For the ones I presented, each was carefully edited.

Dale

Reactions: maggior
These are very nice pictures Dale, I like them. You've got an eye for it. 🤩

Very jealous of your new hardware!!!!
Very jealous of your new hardware!!!!
You may be jealous but I am nervous! I had no idea what I was getting myself into! The Z8 is the most complex tech I have been ever used. I have studying You Tubes for weeks in preparation for my safari. Also numerous trips to the cameras store and calls to Nikon support. My D750 Nikon is like an old pair of shoes. The Z8 is like a space rocket! So many menus, 2/3rd of which I still do not understand. The entire Canadian trip was a trial run and I did pretty well, but I am still quite nervous. I think I am really going to miss that critical moment when the lion roars and I miss the shot or shot it unfocused.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne