Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 Middle East Trip video part 1

Dale D

Reactions
Site
vimeo.com
Dear Mavic Pilot Friends:

After 5 weeks of editing 400 GB of images and videos down to 9 GB of usable material, I spent the last 2 weeks creating this video. Each day required 4 to 10 hours of computer work. I realized that there was just too much material to make one video so I made a part one video include here and will work on part two next. Due to my need to make the video concise, I encourage you to hit the pause button as you wish to either read the text or stay on the image for a longer period of time.

Please open the video to FULL SCREEN and sound. It is 18 minutes.

This is a 17:55 minute video on our recent trip to the Middle East.
Because of the large amount of material filmed and the 4 week duration of the trip, I have decided to break up the video into two parts. This is part ONE, and includes Doha,Qatar, Dubai,United Arab Emirates (U.A.E.), Abu Dhabi U.A.E., and a luxury desert camp about 2 1/2 hours south of Abu Dhabi near the Saudi Arabian border (called the Empty Quarter).

A second video will include Israel (Tel Aviv and Jerusalem), and Jordan, including visits to the ruins at Jerash, Jordan, and Petra, Jordan, and finally the city of Amman.

Unfortunately, there is no drone footage in this video due to the new strict restrictions, precipitated by the use of terrorist drones on the country by the Houthi Rebels supplied by Iran. Penalties for drone usage could result in a one year jail sentence and $10,000 fine.

The footage here includes timelapse sequences, still photos and videos created by the DJI OM6 camera on a gimbal,DJI Osmo Action, and a DJI Pocket.

Tech information;

Nikon D750 DSLR with Nikkor 28-300mm, f/ 3.5-5.6 lens, and Nikkor 14-24 mm f/2.8 lens
DJI Osmo 6 (OM6) video camera with gimbal
DJI Action camera
DJI Pocket
Really Right Stuff tripod
Apple iPhone 14 Pro Max for video and stills
Photo editing include Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom (for the timelapse sequences), LRTimelapse 6 software, and Adobe Premier Pro for video editing.

As always, all comments are welcomed.

Enjoy!

Dale
Miami

After 5 weeks of editing 400 GB of images and videos down to 9 GB of usable material, I spent the last 2 weeks creating this video. Each day required 4 to 10 hours of computer work. I realized that there was just too much material to make one video so I made a part one video include here and will work on part two next. Due to my need to make the video concise, I encourage you to hit the pause button as you wish to either read the text or stay on the image for a longer period of time.

Because of the large amount of material filmed and the 4 week duration of the trip, I have decided to break up the video into two parts. This is part ONE, and includes Doha,Qatar, Dubai,United Arab Emirates (U.A.E.), Abu Dhabi U.A.E., and a luxury desert camp about 2 1/2 hours south of Abu Dhabi near the Saudi Arabian border (called the Empty Quarter).

A second video will include Israel (Tel Aviv and Jerusalem), and Jordan, including visits to the ruins at Jerash, Jordan, and Petra, Jordan, and finally the city of Amman.

Unfortunately, there is no drone footage in this video due to the new strict restrictions, precipitated by the use of terrorist drones on the country by the Houthi Rebels supplied by Iran. Penalties for drone usage could result in a one year jail sentence and $10,000 fine.

The footage here includes timelapse sequences, still photos and videos created by the DJI OM6 camera on a gimbal,DJI Osmo Action, and a DJI Pocket.

Tech information;

Nikon D750 DSLR with Nikkor 28-300mm, f/ 3.5-5.6 lens, and Nikkor 14-24 mm f/2.8 lens
DJI Action camera
DJI Pocket
Photo editing include Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom (for the timelapse sequences), LRTimelapse 6 software, and Adobe Premier Pro for video editing.

Enjoy!

Dale
Miami
Interesting sites. Thanks for sharing your travels. Makes me want to go.

Tech information;

DJI Action camera
DJI Pocket

Enjoy!

Dale
Miami
Wow - an incredible piece of work! Thanks so much for sharing and hope you had a terrific trip!

Tech information;

DJI Action camera
DJI Pocket

Enjoy!

DaleAL
Miami
Hi Dale
I must congratulate you on the most amazing photography you have just posted.The way the video moves as well as the imagery and exposures are spectacular....Also to me the interest is there are no drome images and so you have captured the essence of the journey with other techniques.
I am going back to Europe and Israel in 7 days and after seeing your video am considering trying something like you do.
I have a DJI Osmo 2 pocket camera which I use with my Iphone 14 as the viewing screen.I don't know anything about the Osmo 6 video camera and maybe you can give me some input about it and what is necessary to start imaging like what you have done........
For the last few years I have been dedicated to drones but of late with all the restrictions on drones and my advancing age I think I need to modify what I do
Once again....a wonderful effort and thanks for sharing
Best
Julius

Hi Dale
I must congratulate you on the most amazing photography you have just posted.The way the video moves as well as the imagery and exposures are spectacular....Also to me the interest is there are no drome images and so you have captured the essence of the journey with other techniques.
I am going back to Europe and Israel in 7 days and after seeing your video am considering trying something like you do.
I have a DJI Osmo 2 pocket camera which I use with my Iphone 14 as the viewing screen.I don't know anything about the Osmo 6 video camera and maybe you can give me some input about it and what is necessary to start imaging like what you have done........
For the last few years I have been dedicated to drones but of late with all the restrictions on drones and my advancing age I think I need to modify what I do
Best
Julius

Amazing, Dale. You worked HARD! :)
Hope you had time to enjoy yourself, too.
Superb work. Looking forward to Part II.

Hi Dale
Best
Julius
Hi Julius:

You do me great honor in your kind comments. Sometimes, not having a drone is a feeling of freedom!

Let me correct your conception- there is no OM6 camera. The OM6 is the lates DJI gimbal which allows me to video subjects while walking without the worry of lack of stabilization of the iPhone video camera .It is very inexpensive and there are great You Tubes on using it. I used the iPhone 14 Pro Max which has the most amazing stabilization, and low light capturing abilities (see the museum shots and outdoor souk shots at night for examples). I can walk or even run with the iPhone , or hold it up while the car is moving and shoot through the car window of my guide, and get smooth footage, even on a bumpy road.

It is a shame you will miss the part 2 of my video which is filled with great footage of Tel Aviv and Jerusalem. I had to resort to a second film for brevity sake. I walked the Via Dolorosa, inside the Church of the Holy Sepulcher, and throughout the Old City with the OM6 and iPhone for great human interest footage.

Thanks again for watching and your positive comments.

Dale
Miami

Many thanks for those comments.
Dale

Hello Dale and Bravo...I watched most of your video and can't imagine all of the thing you've done !
I don't know if I'd get on a camel like you did, and I have to say both of you are amazing in your adventures together.
Thanks for your hard, and ongoing work also sharing it here with us !

Hello Dale and Bravo...I watched most of your video and can't imagine all of the thing you've done !
I don't know if I'd get on a camel like you did, and I have to say both of you are amazing in your adventures together.
Thanks for your hard, and ongoing work also sharing it here with us !
Thank you so much for watching and the nice review. I love doing these videos. You might want to look at part 2 of the trip in TODAY's Mavic Pilots. There was too much material to do it all in one video The part two is 13 minutes and covers Israel and Jordan, including Tel Aviv, Jerusalem, Amman, Petra, and Jaresh.

Dale
Miami

Reactions: MavicFlyer2
Many thanks for those comments.
Dale
Part 2 appears today in the Mavic Pilots Forum. If you don't find it, let me know and I'll send it to you. It is 213 minutes including Israel and Jordan.

Dale

See part 2 in today's Mavic Pilot Forum.
Dale

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTBennett00