DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 Middle East Video Part 2

Dale D

Reactions
Site
vimeo.com
This is part 2 of our recent trip to the Middle East. This portion covers the trip from Abu Dhabi to Tel Aviv, Israel, then a drive to Jerusalem for 3 days. We then traveled by car from Jerusalem across the Allenby Bridge into Jordan, and along the Dead Sea to arrive at Wadi Muse and Petra. A detailed view of Petra started with the evening candle lighting (done on Mon-Tue, and Wed.evenings) and then a full day 6 mile hike into the deep slot canyon called the Siq to see the Nabatean ruins, including the amazing Treasury carved from a mountain. From Petra we drove to Amman, the capital, and then on to a day trip to Jaresh, the 2000 year old Roman ruins. We finished in Amman enjoying the Four Seasons Hotel room, and a return by Royal Jordanian Airways to JFK (overnight) and then back to Miami.
Tech information; Nikon D750 DSLR with Nikkor 28-300mm, f/ 3.5-5.6 lens, and Nikkor 14-24 mm f/2.8 lens DJI Osmo 6 (OM6) video camera with gimbal Apple iPhone 14 Pro Max for video and stills Photo editing include Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom for the timelapse sequences), LRTimelapse 6, and Adobe Premier Pro for video editing.

No aerial photos or videos were permitted by the governments.

As always, all comments are welcomed.

Tech information
Nikon D750 with 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6 and 14-24mm f/2.8 lenses
Osmo Action
Osmo Pocket
OM6 gimbal
iPhone 14 Pro Max
Really Right Stuff tripod
Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, ,and Premiere Pro

Best viewed in full screen.

Awesome video!!! Thanks for sharing

Reactions: michaeldallen1
wow you really watched that quickly! Glad you liked it. I just submitted it several minutes ago.
I had watched about half when I made the post and continued watching until the end.

You're exactly right Dale I enjoyed part 2 as well. So much history that can not be denied thank you for sharing !
I hope your wife was helping with the video shoots, especially driving ... lol !
You're time-lapse at the end on your last evening was a beautiful touch.

You're exactly right Dale I enjoyed part 2 as well. So much history that can not be denied thank you for sharing !
I hope your wife was helping with the video shoots, especially driving ... lol !
You're time-lapse at the end on your last evening was a beautiful touch.
Thank again. That final time lapse was finally achieved on the final night in that room, which I had specifically requested when making the reservation months ahead of time. I Asked for the highest floor (12th) and western view. I tried every night, (shown in the video) but did not realize the sun would be going behind those two tall buildings. In the final try, the disappearance and re-appearance of the sun from behind the building just as it touched the horizon could not have been luckier!

Dale

I really enjoyed this.
Were drones allowed in any region(s) of your journey?

Thanks for sharing.

I really enjoyed this.
Were drones allowed in any region(s) of your journey?

Thanks for sharing.
I explained this before the first episode. Part 1.

Drones were probably allowed in Israel and Jordan , but I first had to pass through customs in Doha, and Dubai where they are not allowed. They would confiscate them at customs and I could reclaim them on departure. Too much hassle for me.

Dubai, in the U.A.E. (United Arab Emirates) has been attacked by drones used by the Houthi rebels (supplied by Iran). As understand it, they were off the shelf drones. Thus, Dubai outlawed recreational drones, with heavy fines and a jail term! Not worth the risk. There are amazing drone videos of Dubai on You Tube.

Dale

Last edited:
Amazing video, Dale! Drones are prohibited in Jordan, unless you have obtained an authorization... very difficult to get if you are only a "recreational" pilots!

Amazing video, Dale! Drones are prohibited in Jordan, unless you have obtained an authorization... very difficult to get if you are only a "recreational" pilots!
I actually never checked the web for Jordan. You are right. Still in all, I left the drone home to avoid the hassles. I wrote all about this in yesterday's forum and got a lot of feedback on it.

I actually did pay for and got a certificate for Israel. It was a waste of money.

Dale I enjoyed every second of your video. Including Carol and other people certainly gave an idea of scale. Did you ever get frowned upon by people in your photos?

Dale I enjoyed every second of your video. Including Carol and other people certainly gave an idea of scale. Did you ever get frowned upon by people in your photos?
Thanks for your comments. I noticed your age, and you and I are one of the few in this group (will be 85 in Sept).

Firstly, ALL of the images of the Siq (the mile long corridor in Petra to the Treasury) were filled with people. There was a constant stream of walkers, and never a lull. I painstakingly removed all of them from every image, looking to isolate two people to give perspective to the enormity of the canyon. Using the spot removal and the clone tools I was able to make the space look nearly isolated.

I rarely have a problem when photographing crowds. Every single person there had a camera or iPhone. In the first video (part 1) in Doha at the Souk Waqif, I tried to get video of a woman at the next table smoking from a water pipe and she gave me a 2nd look. I was able to catch the puff of exhaled smoke in the video, which I was exactly the shot I wanted. You can catch her look in my video.

Dale

Thanks Dale. My wife and I just watched and brought back memories from our tour of Israel and Jordan. You certainly stayed in nicer accommodation than we did 😁. Well done, sir.

Thanks Dale. My wife and I just watched and brought back memories from our tour of Israel and Jordan. You certainly stayed in nicer accommodation than we did 😁. Well done, sir.
Thank you both for watching
Can you comment on your favorite images or videos and any criticism is always welcomed.
Dale

Reactions: 4006448
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi