DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The Hight Reading on the Mavic??

GavieboyDji

Reactions
I have being wondering about if the actual hight reading is showing the real hight of your mavic or is it just estimating your hight.

I have flown my Mavic now over 300 times and to me the reading doesn't seem right.
I started thinking about this when I was filming a high rise block of flats and I know how high the flats are and when I took my Mavic up the hight it was saying was no where near the hight the flats are built too.

Is the mavics sensor just going off the closest number for the hight or is it the proper hight readout???

I'm asking this as well because I came back flying and looked up at my mavic at 400 feet and I've gotta say that thing always shocks me every time how high up it looks at 400 feet.

I have definitely seen absolutely loads of helicopter pilots flying massively below the hight my mavic is at the 400 feet readout,

Thanks.

Yep, emergency helicopters are often low.

Height determination is made primarily using the baroreceptors and the take off point as zero.

Can’t comment on an individual drone though.
Maybe try some other measurements? And compare.

I have flown my Mavic now over 300 times and to me the reading doesn't seem right.
I started thinking about this when I was filming a high rise block of flats and I know how high the flats are and when I took my Mavic up the hight it was saying was no where near the hight the flats are built too.

Is the mavics sensor just going off the closest number for the hight or is it the proper hight readout???
Your Mavic uses an air pressure sensor to calculate height.
Normally it is accurate to within a few feet and it is sensitive to changes of less than 1 foot.
It's common to see a little accuracy over the duration of a flight with things heating up or small changes in air pressure.
If yours is out by more than 5-10 ft during a flight, recalibrate the IMU.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AVI Drones