DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The lightest Mavic Mini only available in Japan

As far as I read they use smaller batteries there, to reach a 200g regulation in japan.

As far as I read they use smaller batteries there, to reach a 200g regulation in japan.
That is what the article says. To clarify though, it’s only 199g as it has to be under 200 per the local regs.

looks like flight time would be cut to 18 minutes.

I wonder... if it just a reduction in battery, couldn’t any Mini use the smaller battery in order to get around the regs? I imagine there must be more to it.

That is what the article says. To clarify though, it’s only 199g as it has to be under 200 per the local regs.

looks like flight time would be cut to 18 minutes.

I wonder... if it just a reduction in battery, couldn’t any Mini use the smaller battery in order to get around the regs? I imagine there must be more to it.

That’s a fair assumption...but it may also depend on the enhanced wifi channels used in the JP model...their country type acceptance may dictate control/video channels must be locked to certain frequencies/power levels.

This will become apparent when they start delivering to Japanese customers.

Reactions: Shon
it appears the batteries are half the weight at,50 gramms and have a reduced max flight time of 18 mins

Can we buy the Japanese version here in the USA?

Hello there! I live in Japan. I’ve already preordered the Mavic Mini Japanese version. I will be making a video on it. Probably the same day I received.

I will be attending the Official DJI Mavic Mini Debut event November 16th. Very excited about that. Hopefully, I will be able to answer some of your questions quite soon.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661