DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The map said recommended spot, but the warning on the screen said otherwise.

Reactions
Site
www.instagram.com
Hi, quick question.
The map said it is a recommended spot, but as you can see in the attachment the warning on the screen said otherwise.

Any idea about that?

Thanks and cheers.

Screenshot_20230802-212511.png

As of now I am in Ankara, Turkey. DJ Fly app's map showed it as recommended. But as soon as I started the motors, the warning above showed on the display.

Were you looking at the Fly Spots map on DJI fly? Can you post a screen shot of the map showing the recommended location?

Note that not all places identified on those maps are recommended locations for flying. For instance, the app labels locations within the controlled airspace of a military airbase near my home. Parks and hotels show up on the map but they're not recommended as places to fly and are within the controlled airspace where drones are prohibited.

Reactions: Havadan Bodrumdan
Were you looking at the Fly Spots map on DJI fly? Can you post a screen shot of the map showing the recommended location?

Note that not all places identified on those maps are recommended locations for flying. For instance, the app labels locations within the controlled airspace of a military airbase near my home. Parks and hotels show up on the map but they're not recommended as places to fly and are within the controlled airspace where drones are prohibited.
Here is the same map and location from my phone.
There is a no-fly zone up north but I am nowhere near or in it.

Attachments

• IMG_3649.PNG
    IMG_3649.PNG
    1.7 MB · Views: 23
Hi, quick question.
The map said it is a recommended spot, but as you can see in the attachment the warning on the screen said otherwise.

Any idea about that?

Thanks and cheers.

View attachment 166643
It looks like it's just warning you that there is a restricted zone nearby and within reach of the drone. If you stray into the area, you may not be able to get back out and the drone may automatically land. I've had mine warn me about nearby airfields and specifically that if I went in, I might not be able to get back out even though I wasn't near them.

Reactions: JimSteadman
It looks like it's just warning you that there is a restricted zone nearby and within reach of the drone. If you stray into the area, you may not be able to get back out and the drone may automatically land. I've had mine warn me about nearby airfields and specifically that if I went in, I might not be able to get back out even though I wasn't near them.
It is not uncommon to be notified that you are near a restricted zone which serves as a warning not to fly toward that zone lest you unintentionally violate the boundaries of a restricted zone. I get a similar warning near hospitals and areas where helicopters might be landing.

It is not uncommon to be notified that you are near a restricted zone which serves as a warning not to fly toward that zone lest you unintentionally violate the boundaries of a restricted zone. I get a similar warning near hospitals and areas where helicopters might be landing.
So I guess I will just ignore the warning and 'cautiously' do my regular flight.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrefu