DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The Mavic 2 Pro picture quality is on another level.

WilliamG

Reactions
So I've been messing around with photos for a bit this morning, and there's ZERO question the upgrade from the Mavic Pro 1 to the Mavic 2 Pro - for stills, is nothing short of sensational.

Heck, here's a photo I took - just the JPEG first, with no settings touched. Just turned on drone, send it up into the hazy Seattle skies (smoke still not fully cleared from the forest fires), and hit the take-photo button. I took it in JPEG + RAW to have the RAW to see what I could do with it.

Again, this is the UNEDITED JPEG, and then I spent about 10 seconds in LightRoom with the RAW. Only F5.6/100ms, apparently. Could be even sharper stopped down.

The amount of detail and range (look at the dark cars and bright roofs in the edited RAW!) from the Sony sensor is just great. I couldn't get anything like this with my Mavic Pro. Oh, and no soft corners, yay!

JPEG:

Ybod8r5.jpg

RAW, with subjective edits:

k8a48H0.jpg

Wow, these look great!

I want to see a comparison between HDR and AEB (3 and 5) and merging to HDR in Lightroom. Any chance you can test that?

I'm flying to Seattle/Bellevue in September. Is Seattle pretty friendly for drones? Was thinking of just taking the Air, but the Pro 2 is really ******* amazing.

For the most part. You need to be careful because there’s a lot of airports/need to call them etc. So like anywhere, it depends...

Reactions: Smdm
I'm flying to Seattle/Bellevue in September. Is Seattle pretty friendly for drones? Was thinking of just taking the Air, but the Pro 2 is really ******* amazing.

Seattle is actually pretty strict on drones after a number of incidents of brainless users flying into the Space Needle, The Wheel, *** Pride parade (injuries) on on and on...

It's illegal to fly in any city park (including beaches) in Seattle...That plus the large number of airports, Seaports, Naval and air force bases make for limited areas to fly close in...The Eastside (Bellevue) may be looser...don't know...

Luckily up here we are minutes from the "country" in all directions and some gorgeous areas to fly...

@WilliamG Nice shots from WEST Seattle...just moved to Port Orchard after 25 years there on Pigeon Point...

Reactions: WilliamG
Seattle is actually pretty strict on drones after a number of incidents of brainless users flying into the Space Needle, The Wheel, *** Pride parade (injuries) on on and on...

It's illegal to fly in any city park (including beaches) in Seattle...That plus the large number of airports, Seaports, Naval and air force bases make for limited areas to fly close in...The Eastside (Bellevue) may be looser...don't know...

Luckily up here we are minutes from the "country" in all directions and some gorgeous areas to fly...

@WilliamG Nice shots from WEST Seattle...just moved to Port Orchard after 25 years there on Pigeon Point...
You mean it's illegal to take off and land in them, right?

Press Release – FAA Statement–Federal vs. Local Drone Authority

Reactions: Colbymh
I would agree. Excellent image quality.

I still going to keep my air though. You just cannit beat it’s size

So angry with myself. I Seen the sky so I flew up but was in a rush because I had to leave to get my daughter....

...forgot to switch to RAW.

So this is SOOC JPEG.

Well, for the record, that's a lovely shot, JPEG or no JPEG. Nice one!

Surprised to see how good the basic JPEG already is: no oversharpening, no plasticy look from overkill noise reduction. And the colors look absolutely lovely, the Hasselblad color science isn't just marketing BS! Getting similar vibes from the colors as with what the Olympus JPG engine does (well renowned for it's quality): natural, spot-on colors.

And **** pleased to hear & see that the corner softness is gone!

I'm in Port Orchard also. Great place to fly my MPP. From Watauga Beach can fly over towards Bainbridge.

How are you guys accessing raw pictures, I can’t seem to get Raw or Raw and jpeg when trying to select. It will only let me select jpeg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParKOR