DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The Mavic Air can't swap wifi channels on the fly

FlyingTom

Reactions
I noticed that the Mavic Air doesn't appear to be capable of changing channels/ bands while its in air to suit the conditions. I'm guessing thats why some of us are getting bad reception. I hope they release a firmware update to fix this.

At its best I've been able to fly 4750ft and at its worse I've had to land at just 650ft. Both of these flights are at the same locations. The Mavic Air didn't try to change channels either time. At least not until you land and restart the aircraft, but it does still have a preference to its old channel.

Just thought it was some in-sight into the reception. Other then that, don't get we wrong I do love my Mavic Air. I guess coming from a Mavic Pro you do notice reception problems more often. I'm not use to choppy footage or interference in general. But in terms of the size, the design and the camera I'm very impressed.

Last edited:
Does anyone know what happens if you change the wifi channel/band from 2.4 to 5.8 while mavic is in the air ?

When on ground wifi restarts and you loose connection briefly .. Wonder what it does while flying.. anyone tried manually changing bands while flying ?

Does anyone know what happens if you change the wifi channel/band from 2.4 to 5.8 while mavic is in the air ?

When on ground wifi restarts and you loose connection briefly .. Wonder what it does while flying.. anyone tried manually changing bands while flying ?

Do you mind sharing how do you change wifi from 2.4 to 5.8 ... I was looking for the option, but I could not find it.

Do you mind sharing how do you change wifi from 2.4 to 5.8 ... I was looking for the option, but I could not find it.

Under wifi setting you click on custom, and at the bottom of that page you select one of the higher channels (3 digit channels) which are 5.8ghz. it will tell you it will apply after wifi reset which it does automatically.

Don't have the balls to try it while the bird is in the air loool .. not sure if itll restart the wifi when it's in the air

It won't change while it's in the air you have to land I tried it about a few feet off the ground

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volpe