DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The Mavic Air is "Tough"...

Ok dwallersv...apologiy acceptied...
But on reply #9 from you...
The single mistake here was executing a flight such as this at 15' altitude.If you're going to fly at top speed out of LOS, you should be well above any obstacle in the path of the aircraft. At least 20-30' above.
For simply a kick-*** thrill test with your new drone, there isn't any reason this couldn't be done at 100'

It seemed as if you were fanning the flames of the members scolding me...
Whoah. Okay. You go on the hypersensitive list.

If the bolded quote above constitutes "scolding" to you, rather than simple advice, the price is too high to give you any.
I knew I could fly down the road 15' above it...
Really? Then why did you crash?

Your own reasoning lacks consistency. You also seem to lack appropriate noob humility.

Carry on.

I truly enjoy watching first time Drone users take a $700plus product and try and destroy it. Kind of like taking a MacBook and just tossing it out a window. I can only hope that as you Newbie Pilots who dont bother taking flight lessons, crash and destroy your drones on your first flight days, that you just give up and get out of flying them all together, so that you don't ruin it for the rest of us.

Glad your MA is ok and all but do you not use a phone or tablet to view your intended flight path? Should have avoided the crash if you did.
Chris - would you please expand on your comment about viewing the intended flight path. Are you using Google images?
Cheers

Chris - would you please expand on your comment about viewing the intended flight path. Are you using Google images?
Cheers

The context of my original statement was whether or not he used a phone or tablet to use the MA’s camera to view real-time the intended flight path. More than likely would not have crashed into a tree had he did regardless of height or speed.

The context of my original statement was whether or not he used a phone or tablet to use the MA’s camera to view real-time the intended flight path. More than likely would not have crashed into a tree had he did regardless of height or speed.
ChrisW81...
Apologies for not having gotten back with you sooner..
To answer your question whether or not he used a phone or tablet to use the MA’s camera to view real-time the intended flight path
I was using my phone...
But to view the actual flight...I did not
I used the MA camera and aimed the MA at what I thought was 180 degrees towards me...
Then waited at the opposite end of my road...
And watched for the MA to come accelerating towards me..
In which I would have cut the throttle as it passed over me..
But...that did not happen.
A good lesson learned...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael N