DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

the mavic goggles oh and...

I thought they were going to sell a version that uses WIFI (so without the controller). Not sure if you could buy the controller later if you wanted to. Personally I think they controller is amazing.

Not sure about the goggles...will love to have them for the mavic. Right now I'm using litchi to do VR with my 40 dollar goggles.

I thought they were going to sell a version that uses WIFI (so without the controller). Not sure if you could buy the controller later if you wanted to. Personally I think they controller is amazing.

Not sure about the goggles...will love to have them for the mavic. Right now I'm using litchi to do VR with my 40 dollar goggles.
The mavic pro can do both rc controller and WIFI. There is a switch under one of the covers where the sd card slot is.

Reactions: SwissJim
Correct, what I was saying is that they planned on selling a 800 dollar version that basically came without the control so you had to use Wifi to control it. But the Mavic itself would be the same.....so in theory at some point you could get the controller and link them.

The mavic pro can do both rc controller and WIFI. There is a switch under one of the covers where the sd card slot is.

I guess DJI is actually in the process of completely redesigning their goggles, so it may take some more months until they will even show up at Youtube testers.
The goggles presented together with Mavic are far too bulky, especially compared to the compact size of the Mavic itself. They also supported only the OcuSync protocol, but the Mavic is still the only copter using this protocol. To get a wider user base they will need to support the various LightBridge protocols for P4, P4P and Inspire 1/2 as well.
At least they need to support HDMI input for connecting to remotes with HDMI output.
Then the end user price is very critical, as the goggles will directly compete with low-cost solutions based on Google Cardboard goggles with Litchi app. They must be really excellent to convince potential customers to invest about half the price of the Mavic into these goggles. And they must be future-proof for at least the next 3-4 years.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tornado_33