DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The Mavic Mini 2 is an awesome drone and will get better.

Excellent a Mavic Mini 2 review John, You touched on key areas I was looking for. Flying up close to wildlife, was one of them.

Great music, beautiful terrain in the video. Appreciated you sharing, Thanks!

Paul

Can you demonstrate flying close to wildlife please?

Can you demonstrate flying close to wildlife please?
Not totally sure what you mean but here is a demo
I follow some basic rules. 1 I try never to stress out wild life, I generally don't get too close to threaten them. I take my time so they get used to the noise.
I keep a drone in cinematic mode, its quieter. You have to be very patient. I hope this helps. I may do a video on the topic soon.

Reactions: Bxr532001
Not sure what I mean?
You said “it’s so quiet you can get close to wildlife” and I asked for a demo as such, not for a repeat of its stability ability to watch birds in high wind on a lamppost.

Not sure what I mean?
You said “it’s so quiet you can get close to wildlife” and I asked for a demo as such, not for a repeat of its stability ability to watch birds in high wind on a lamppost.
You sound so angry. The helpful footage shared in response to your question will certainly be appreciated by other readers in this forum, no matter how upset or ungrateful you might feel. Have a nice day !

I’m not angry at all, I’m inquisitive because of your own comments. I am looking to film wildlife myself (seals on the beach) and wanted to know how you came to the conclusion that “youstated with appropriate demonstration/example so that I can learn from eg you!
If you dont actually have any examples then please don’t make statements suggesting that you know more than you do. That’s not anger, it’s frustration!!!
Your video of the birds is of course fascinating but not an example of the mm2 being so quiet that you can get close in high winds!

Please don’t attack me in your defence!

Apologies sir, for my choice of words. I'm sure the clarification you requested about this video clip will be detailed now that the question has been rephrased for better clarity. Matter of fact, I am also interested in hearing about any techniques involved in acclimatizing wildlife to the sound of a drone, so as to obtain closer footage without startling the subjects.

Reactions: ICHOTT
I’m not angry at all, I’m inquisitive because of your own comments. I am looking to film wildlife myself (seals on the beach) and wanted to know how you came to the conclusion that “youstated with appropriate demonstration/example so that I can learn from eg you!
If you dont actually have any examples then please don’t make statements suggesting that you know more than you do. That’s not anger, it’s frustration!!!
Your video of the birds is of course fascinating but not an example of the mm2 being so quiet that you can get close in high winds!

Please don’t attack me in your defence!
Sometimes it's not what you ask for but how you ask for it. You came across quite abrasive. Relax, ask nicely, and thou may receive.

I did not know Gary and had to go and find out, which was not that easy. But it seems that in Australia it is FCC.

Not sure what is going on but I deleted some part of the conversation, but managed to save some of it. Apologies if I erred. At first I could not see my response to Ic_hoTTs question.
Perhaps one of the moderators can roll it back before I made a mess if it is difficult to follow.

Ic_hoTT
Why is it revolutionary.​

There are many factors in making that claim. Firstly it is a very small and quiet drone which means you are not bothering people in the area. This also means you can video wildlife and get close because it is so quiet.
Now that it has a 4K camera is amazing, it is a brilliant camera and will get better in time with some software improvements. Because of its transmission technology you can go behind objects and at some distance. I have only made a handful of flights but never lost connection. The zoom function is brilliant.
You can see where DJI are going with this, smaller, lighter and quiet drones with excellent cameras that have a zoom facility. It seems long gone are the big beefy and heavy drones except for expensive professional ones. Hope it helps.

Reactions: ICHOTT
Sometimes it's not what you ask for but how you ask for it. You came across quite abrasive. Relax, ask nicely, and thou may receive.
My first question was “Can you demonstrate flying close to wildlife please?”
Not abrasive but simply brief and quite reasonable having had the OP state the ‘quiet’ attribute of the new mm.
It was the response of “not quite sure what you mean....” that was odd!

anyway, I appreciate the latest post by the OP, thank you. Thumbswayup:)

Reactions: John Gowland
Thank you for the review John, contemplating in getting the MM2 in the very near future, camera really looks good.
If I had a big pocket Jay, I would definitely still go for the P4P V.20 which is a little dated still has the best prosumer camera. But if I did not have a big pocket I would definitely go for the MM2. So quiet, so strong so easy to create amazing content and quickly. If you want to know the where DJI are going in the future the MM2 is where it will go. In fact the more I think about it, if I was forced to have one drone it would definitely be the MM2.

Reactions: Jay241
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman