DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The Mini 3 Por has received a Remote ID Declaration of Compliance

Amit Dunsky

Reactions
Site
www.facebook.com
So according to a list published by the FAA on Sep. 9th, titled "UAS Declaration of Compliance", it seems that our Mini 3 Pro is now recognized as Remote ID compliant.
I'm not sure if this means the Mini 3 Pro will begin broadcasting its location, and even worse: The location of the RC, for anyone flying it in the USA starting Dec. 2022, but this is something any of us flying in the USA should be aware of. Link here.

Last edited:
So according to a list published by the FAA on Sep. 9th, titled "UAS Declaration of Compliance", it seems that our Mini 3 Pro is now recognized as Remote ID compliant.
I'm not sure if this means the Mini 3 Pro will begin broadcasting its location, and even worse: The location of the RC, for anyone flying it in the USA starting Dec. 2022, but this is something any of us flying in the USA should be aware of. Link here.
I believe it will be made compliant, but with the regular size batteries the weight is 249 grams.
Meaning under the weight limit,no registration required ,which means the mini 3 pro will be unaffected
by remote id. drome makers have until Dec. 2022 to comply with the rules.Using the + size battery puts it over
the weight limit then have to be registered and have remote ID.

Remember *ALL* DJI drones have had remote ID for many years. Every single one of them whether its Lightbridge, WiFi or Occusync X transmit IDs and locations completely in the clear outside their main data wrapper.
Its how Aeroscope works.

So they're all "remote ID compliant" - its just the outside software that needs writing.

Reactions: rp6 and Torque
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore