DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The new Ring security drone.

Hiya Pal...it's great to see you on this forum. I'm anxious to hear your impressions of your new drone.

Reactions: MA2 317
I'm anxious to hear your impressions of your new drone.

"I'm sorry, I don't do impressions." (thunderous applause...lol).

It's a cheesy punchline but there's nothing cheesy about the Mavic Air 2. :)

A few quick thoughts.

Wow! It picked up the GPS much faster than the Spark.

Wow! This thing is so much quieter than the Spark.

Wow! I still have plenty of flight time versus the Spark.

?

This is due out in 2021 for under $300. It patrols your home autonomously while in the AWAY mode. It will even tell you if you left the stove on. Drones are GOOD my friends!
I see a lot of jokes about this on here. Hope everyone knows this IS the future for homes, businesses ... soon they'll have longer flight times and they'll be able to go outside somehow (some kind of a electronic doggy door?) to scan for thieves cars and get license plate numbers, see if there is a fire, check to see if anyone is ANYWHERE around your home, business ...

Reactions: MA2 317
I see a lot of jokes about this on here. Hope everyone knows this IS the future for homes, businesses ... soon they'll have longer flight times and they'll be able to go outside somehow (some kind of a electronic doggy door?) to scan for thieves cars and get license plate numbers, see if there is a fire, check to see if anyone is ANYWHERE around your home, business ...

I’m not convinced. You could get enough IP web cameras to cover the whole of your home for a lot less than they’ll charge for this drone. They are silent, work 24/7, have motion sensors and IR LEDs for viewing in the dark and can be viewed live from anywhere. This is just another example of making something because you can rather than because it’s a good idea. I’m a big fan of creating something because it’s better than the alternatives but this isn’t it.

I've seen the crappy cameras that can't even pan, tilt and follow quickly enough, let alone zoom. We have a home security with cameras. Had them for years! They're fixed. THAT is their biggest problem. Ever seen those grainy, blurry videos trying to figure out who's who out by the street? Those days are coming to an end my friends. Robots of some shape or form are coming home ... to stay.

Are you using Ring cameras and doorbell instead of traditional alarm companies? Any ring security reviews or experiences to share please. I am thinking to buy Ring cameras and already have doorbell with their 24/7 monitoring service. Haven't never heard they can interfere with drones

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you using Ring cameras and doorbell instead of traditional alarm companies? Any ring security reviews or experiences to share please. I am thinking to buy Ring cameras and already have doorbell with their 24/7 monitoring service. Haven't never heard they can interfere with drones
I don't have a Ring doorbell, but I have a Nest doorbell and it's similar technology. They communicate using Wi-Fi, shouldn't be any conflict with a drone.

Reactions: alexbrown

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki