DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The orientation thingy .

• Thread starter Deleted member 103366
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 103366

I was out this evening for a bit of fresh air and wanted to experiment with the resetting the home point to the controller location when the controller has moved. No joy, got a "unable to set, enable location blah blah bla" nessage, sure enough the location was off.
When I switched location on I still got nothing, ended up starting a sat nav app that gave my postiton perfectly. I then thought disconnect the phone and shut down and reboot the fly app.
Bingo! Success and the orientation thing in the middle of the bottom of the screen was working quite well, I think. It even seemed to respond to me turning around which is the first time I have noticed that behaviour.

Reactions: iaincaradoc
I was out this evening for a bit of fresh air and wanted to experiment with the resetting the home point to the controller location when the controller has moved. No joy, got a "unable to set, enable location blah blah bla" nessage, sure enough the location was off.
When I switched location on I still got nothing, ended up starting a sat nav app that gave my postiton perfectly. I then thought disconnect the phone and shut down and reboot the fly app.
Bingo! Success and the orientation thing in the middle of the bottom of the screen was working quite well, I think. It even seemed to respond to me turning around which is the first time I have noticed that behaviour.
What was the sat nav app? Was this a mini you were flying?
Did you leave the sat nav open in the background on your phone?
You see that is what I want to do. Change my RTH and have the drone ping on the RC.
thanks

Navmii, mini, no - it's a power HOG.
For clarity I don't think Navmii had anything to do with the FLY app 'finally' getting GPS from the phone, Navmii was used simply to check if an App, any App, could 'see' GPS data.
I think the 'fix' had more to do with rebooting etc. the FLY app once "location" was switched on.
Having just typed all this it has occurred to me that it maybe just took a long time for the phone to get a GPS lock and that I just happened to open Navmii shortly after the lock had been obtained.
I guess mor experimanting is called for.
With regards to setting the HP to the controller I should say that the locating of the HP wasn't as accurate as when the drone sets it or is chosen as the HP

Navmii, mini, no - it's a power HOG.
For clarity I don't think Navmii had anything to do with the FLY app 'finally' getting GPS from the phone, Navmii was used simply to check if an App, any App, could 'see' GPS data.
I think the 'fix' had more to do with rebooting etc. the FLY app once "location" was switched on.
Having just typed all this it has occurred to me that it maybe just took a long time for the phone to get a GPS lock and that I just happened to open Navmii shortly after the lock had been obtained.
I guess mor experimanting is called for.
With regards to setting the HP to the controller I should say that the locating of the HP wasn't as accurate as when the drone sets it or is chosen as the HP
For sure. If the app does not have permission to read GPS it cannot reset the home point.

Reactions: DougMcC
It wasn't that it didn't have permission, it did and does. The problem was that initially " location was off ". Then when location was switched on the app didn't seem to 'realise' that GPS was available.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
earthflute